Features and Benefits
- Low power dissipation: <4.6 W typical at 10 GSPS
- Integrated input buffer (6.5 GHz input bandwidth)
- 1.4 V p-p full-scale analog input with RIN = 50 Ω
- Overvoltage protection
- High instantaneous dynamic range
- −155.1 dBFS/Hz at 10 GSPS with −9 dBFS, 170 MHz input
- −153 dBFS/Hz at 10 GSPS with −1 dBFS, 170 MHz input
- SFDR: 70 dBFS at 10 GSPS with −1 dBFS, 1000 MHz input
- SFDR excluding H2 and H3 (worst other spur): −89 dBFS at 10 GSPS with −1 dBFS, 1000 MHz input
- 16-lane JESD204B output (up to 16 Gbps line rate)
- Multichip synchronization capable with 1 sample accuracy
- DDC NCO synchronization included
- Integrated DDC
- Selectable decimation factors
- 16 profile settings for fast frequency hopping
- Fast overrange detection for efficient AGC
- On-chip temperature sensor
- On-chip negative voltage generators
- Low CER: <1 × 10−16
- 12 mm × 12 mm, 192-ball BGA-ED package
COMMERCIAL SPACE FEATURES
- Supports aerospace applications
- Burn-in, life test, and deltas analysis
- Radiation lot acceptance test
- Total ionizing dose
- Radiation benchmark
- Single event latch-up
- Single event transient
- Certificate of conformance
The AD9213S-CSH is a single, 12-bit, 10.25 GSPS, RF analog-to-digital converter (ADC) with a 6.5 GHz input bandwidth. The AD9213S-CSH supports high dynamic range frequency and time domain applications requiring wide instantaneous bandwidth and low conversion error rates (CERs). The AD9213S-CSH features a 16-lane JESD204B interface to support maximum bandwidth capability.
The AD9213S-CSH achieves dynamic range and linearity performance while consuming <4.6 W typical. The device is based on an interleaved pipeline architecture and features a proprietary calibration and randomization technique that suppresses interleaving spurious artifacts into its noise floor. The linearity performance of the AD9213S-CSH is preserved by a combination of on-chip dithering and calibration, which results in excellent spurious-free performance over a wide range of input signal conditions.
Applications that require less instantaneous bandwidth can benefit from the on-chip, digital signal processing (DSP) capability of the AD9213S-CSH that reduces the output data rate along with the number of JESD204B lanes required to support the device. The DSP path includes a digital downconverter (DDC) with a 48-bit, numerically controlled oscillator (NCO), followed by an in-phase/quadrature (I/Q) digital decimator stage that allows selectable decimation rates that are factors of two or three. For fast frequency hopping applications, the AD9213S-CSH NCO supports up to 16 profile settings with a separate trigger input, allowing wide surveillance frequency coverage at a reduced JESD204B lane count.
The AD9213S-CSH supports sample accurate multichip synchronization that includes synchronization of the NCOs. The AD9213S-CSH is offered in a 12 mm × 12 mm, 192-ball ball grid array (BGA) package and is specified over a junction temperature range of −20°C to +115°C. Additional application and technical information can be found in the Commercial Space Products Program brochure and the AD9213 data sheet.
- Ultrawideband satellite receiver
- Low earth orbit (LEO) satellites
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.