Features and Benefits
- Low cost
- Low power: 2.5 V (outputs disabled)
- 34 × 34, fully differential, nonblocking array
- 3.2 Gbps per port NRZ data rate
- Wide power supply range: 2.5 V to 3.3 V
- LVTTL or LVCMOS level control inputs at 2.5 V to 3.3 V
- Low channel jitter: 45 ps P-P
- Drives a backplane directly
- Programmable output swing
- 100 mV to 1600 mV P-P differential
- 50 Ω on-chip input/output termination
- User controlled voltage at the load
- Minimizes power dissipation
- Dual rank latches
- Available in 256-ball BGA_ED package
The AD8152 is a breakthrough cross point switch offering a large switch array (34 × 34) on very little power, typically 2.0 W. Additionally, the device operates at data rates up to 3.2 Gbps per port, making it suitable for Sonet/SDH OC-48 with forward error correction (FEC).
The useful supply voltage range of the AD8152 allows the user to operate at LVPECL/CML data levels down to 2.5 V. The control interface is low voltage transistor transistor logic (LVTTL) or low voltage complementary metal-oxide (LVCMOS) compatible on 2.5 V to 3.3 V.
The fully differential signal path of the AD8152 reduces jitter and crosstalk and allows the use of smaller single-ended voltage swings. The device is offered in a 256-ball BGA_ED package that operates over the industrial temperature range of 0°C to 85°C.
- Fiber optic network switching
- High speed serial backplane routing to OC-48 with FEC
- Gigabit ethernet
- Digital video (HDTV)
- Data storage networks
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.