Features and Benefits
- 16 × 16 high speed nonblocking switch arrays: G = 1
- Serial or parallel programming of switch array
- Serial data out allows daisy-chaining of multiple 16 × 16 arrays to create larger switch arrays
- High impedance output disable allows connection of
- multiple devices without loading the output bus
- For smaller arrays see the AD8108/AD8109 (8 × 8) or AD8110/AD8111 (16 × 8) switch arrays
- Complete solution
- Buffered inputs
- Programmable high impedance outputs
- 16 output amplifiers (G = 1)
- Drives 150 Ω loads
- Excellent video performance
- 25 MHz, 0.1 dB gain flatness
- 0.05%/0.05° differential gain/differential phase error (RL = 150 Ω)
- Excellent ac performance
- −3 dB bandwidth: 225 MHz
- Slew rate: 375 V/µs
- Low power of 700 mW (2.75 mW per point)
- Low all hostile crosstalk of −70 dB at 5 MHz
- Reset pin allows disabling of all outputs (connected through a capacitor to ground provides power-on reset capability)
- 100-lead LQFP (14 mm × 14 mm)
The AD8114/AD8115 are high speed, 16 × 16 video crosspoint switch matrices. They offer a −3 dB signal bandwidth greater than 200 MHz and channel switch times of less than 50 ns with 1% settling. With −70 dB of crosstalk and −98 dB isolation (at 5 MHz), the AD8114/AD8115 are useful in many high speed applications.
The differential gain and differential phase of better than 0.05% and 0.05°, respectively, along with a 0.1 dB flatness out to 25 MHz while driving a 75 Ω back-terminated load, make the AD8114/ AD8115 ideal for all types of signal switching.
The AD8114/AD8115 include 16 independent output buffers that can be placed into a high impedance state for paralleling crosspoint outputs so that off channels do not load the output bus. The AD8114 has a gain of 1, while the AD8115 offers a gain of 2. They operate on voltage supplies of ±5 V while consuming only 70 mA of idle current. The channel switching is performed via a serial digital control (which can accommodate daisy-chaining of several devices) or via a parallel control, allowing updating of an individual output without reprogramming the entire array.
The AD8114/AD8115 is packaged in a 100-lead LQFP and is available over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Routing of high speed signals, including
– Video (NTSC, PAL, S, SECAM, YUV, RGB)
– Compressed video (MPEG, wavelet)
– 3-level digital video (HDB3)
– Data communications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD8114 is a high speed 16 × 16 video crosspoint switch matrices. It offers a −3 dB signal bandwidth greater than 200 MHz and channel switch times of less than 50 ns with 1% settling. The AD8114 includes 16 independent output buffers that can be placed into a high impedance state for paralleling crosspoint outputs to prevent off channels from loading the output bus. The AD8114 has a gain of +1 and operates on voltage supplies of ±5 V while consuming only 70 mA of idle current. Channel switching is performed via a serial digital control that can accommodate the daisy-chaining of several devices or via a parallel control to allow updating of an individual output without reprogramming the entire array.
The AD8114 is available in a 100-lead LQFP over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. Some applications of these analog crosspoint switches are routing of high speed signals including video (NTSC, PAL, S-video, SECAM, YUV, RGB), compressed video, three-level digital video, data communications, and telecommunications.
The AD8112, AD8113, AD8114/AD8115, and ADV3205 are all pin-compatible with each other and are available in the same 100-lead LQFP, which can be evaluated on a single board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the AD8114
- Uses USB Board Z with PIC18F4550 for the digital control
- ±5 V operation
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.