Features and Benefits
- 16 x 8 high-speed nonblocking switch arrays: G = +2
- Serial or parallel switch array control
- Serial data out allows “daisy chaining” of multiple crosspoints to create larger switch arrays
- Pin-compatible with AD8108/AD8109 8 x 8 switch arrays
- For a 16 x 16 array see AD8116
- Complete solution
- Buffered inputs
- Eight output amplifiers, G = +2
- Drives 150 V loads
- Excellent video performance
- 60 MHz 0.1 dB gain flatness
- 0.02% differential gain error (RL = 150 V)
- 0.028 differential phase error (RL = 150 V)
- Excellent AC performance
- 260 MHz –3 dB bandwidth
- 500 V/ms slew rate
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD8110 and AD8111 are high-speed 16 × 8 video crosspoint switch matrices. They offer a –3 dB signal bandwidth greater than 260 MHz, and channel switch times of less than 25 ns with 1% settling. With –78 dB of crosstalk and –97 dB isolation (@ 5 MHz), the AD8110/AD8111 are useful in many high-speed applications. The differential gain and differential phase of better than 0.02% and 0.02° respectively, along with 0.1 dB flatness out to 60 MHz, make the AD8110/AD8111 ideal for video signal switching.
The AD8110 and AD8111 include eight independent output buffers that can be placed into a high impedance state for paralleling crosspoint outputs so that off channels do not load the output bus. The AD8110 has a gain of +1, while the AD8111 offers a gain of +2. They operate on voltage supplies of ±5 V while consuming only 50 mA of idle current. The channel switching is performed via a serial digital control (which can accommodate “daisy chaining” of several devices) or via a parallel control, allowing updating of an individual output without reprogramming the entire array.
The AD8110/AD8111 is packaged in an 80-lead LQFP package and is available over the extended industrial temperature range of –40°C to +85°C.
- Routing of high-speed signals including:
- Composite video (NTSC, PAL, S, SECAM)
- Component video (YUV, RGB)
- Compressed video (MPEG, Wavelet)
- 3-level digital video (HDB3)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.