Features and Benefits
- 8 × 8 high speed nonblocking switch arrays: G = 1
- Serial or parallel programming of switch array
- Serial data out allows daisy-chaining of multiple 8 × 8 arrays to create larger switch arrays
- Output disable allows connection of multiple devices
- Pin-compatible with AD8110/AD8111 16 × 8 switch arrays
- For 16 × 16 arrays see AD8116
- Complete solution
- Buffered inputs
- Eight output amplifiers: G = 1
- Drives 150 Ω loads
- Excellent video performance
- 60 MHz 0.1 dB gain flatness
- 0.02%/0.02° differential gain/differential phase error (RL = 150 Ω)
- Excellent ac performance
- −3 dB bandwidth: 325 MHz
- Slew rate: 400 V/µs
- Low power of 45 mA
- Low all hostile crosstalk of −83 dB at 5 MHz
- Reset pin allows disabling of all outputs (connected through a capacitor to ground provides power-on reset capability)
- Excellent ESD rating: exceeds 4000 V human body model
- 80-lead LQFP (12 mm × 12 mm)
The AD8108/AD8109 are high speed 8 × 8 video crosspoint switch matrices. They offer a −3 dB signal bandwidth greater than 250 MHz and channel switch times of less than 25 ns with 1% settling. With −83 dB of crosstalk and −98 dB isolation (at 5 MHz), the AD8108/AD8109 are useful in many high speed applications. The differential gain and differential phase of better than 0.02% and 0.02°, respectively, along with 0.1 dB flatness out to 60 MHz, make the AD8108/AD8109 ideal for video signal switching.
The AD8108 and AD8109 include eight independent output buffers that can be placed into a high impedance state for paralleling crosspoint outputs so that off channels do not load the output bus. The AD8108 has a gain of 1, while the AD8109 offers a gain of 2. They operate on voltage supplies of ±5 V while consuming only 45 mA of idle current. The channel switching is performed via a serial digital control (which can accommodate daisy-chaining of several devices) or via a parallel control allowing updating of an individual output without reprogramming the entire array.
The AD8108/AD8109 is packaged in an 80-lead LQFP and is available over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Routing of high speed signals including
- Composite video (NTSC, PAL, S, SECAM)
- Component video (YUV, RGB)
- Compressed video (MPEG, Wavelet)
- 3-level digital video (HDB3)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Documentation & Resources
High Speed Switches3/8/2008
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.