Features and Benefits
- 16 × 5 high speed, nonblocking switch arrays: G = 2
- Pin compatible with AD8110/AD8111, 16 × 8 switch arrays
- For a 16 × 16 array, see AD8114/AD8115
- For a 16 x 8 array, see AD8110/AD8111
- Complete solution
- Buffered inputs
- Five output amplifiers
- Drives 150 Ω loads
- Excellent video performance
- 60 MHz 0.1 dB gain flatness
- 0.02% differential gain error (RL = 150 Ω)
- 0.02° differential phase error (RL = 150 Ω)
- Excellent ac performance
- −3 dB bandwidth > 260 MHz
- 500 V/μs slew rate
- Low power of 50 mA
- Low all-hostile crosstalk of −78 dB at 5 MHz
- Output disable allows connection of multiple device outputs
- Reset pin allows disabling of all outputs
- Excellent ESD rating: exceeds 4000 V human body model
- 80-lead LQFP (12 mm × 12 mm)
The AD8106 and AD8107 are high speed, 16 × 5 video crosspoint switch matrices. They offer a −3 dB signal bandwidth greater than 260 MHz, and channel switch times of less than 25 ns with 1% settling. With −78 dB of crosstalk and −97 dB isolation (at 5 MHz), the AD8106/AD8107 are useful in many high speed applications. The differential gain and differential phase of greater than 0.02% and 0.02° respectively, along with 0.1 dB flatness out to 60 MHz, make the AD8106/AD8107 ideal for video signal switching.
The AD8106 and AD8107 include five independent output buffers that can be placed into a high impedance state for paralleling crosspoint outputs, preventing off channels from loading the output bus. The AD8106 has a gain of 1, while the AD8107 offers a gain of 2. Both operate on voltage supplies of ±5 V while consuming only 30 mA of idle current. The channel switching is performed via a parallel control, allowing updating of an individual output without reprogramming the entire array.
The AD8106/AD8107 are offered in an 80-lead LQFP and are available over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Routing of high speed signals including:
- Composite video (NTSC, PAL, S, SECAM)
- Component video (YUV, RGB)
- Compressed video (MPEG, Wavelet)
- 3-level digital video (HDB3)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.