Features and Benefits
- High channel count, 32 × 16 high speed, nonblocking switch array
- Differential or single-ended operation
- Differential G = +1 (AD8104) or G = +2 (AD8105)
- Pin compatible with AD8117/AD8118, 32 x 32 switch arrays
- Flexible power supplies
- Single +5 V supply, or dual ±2.5 V supplies
- Serial or parallel programming of switch array
- Excellent video performance
- >50 MHz 0.1 dB gain flatness
- 0.05% differential gain error (RL = 150 Ω)
- 0.05° phase error (RL = 150 Ω)
- High impedance output disable allows connection of multiple devices with minimal loading on output bus
- Excellent ac performance
- Bandwidth: 600 MHz
- Slew rate: 1800 V/μs
- Settling time: 2.5 ns to 1%
- Low power of 1.7 W
- Low all hostile crosstalk
- < −70 dB at 5 MHz
- < −40 dB @ 600 MHz
- Reset pin allows disabling of all outputs (connected through a capacitor to ground provides power-on reset capability)
- 304-ball BGA package (31 mm × 31 mm)
Product DetailsThe AD8104/AD8105 are high speed, 32 × 16 analog crosspoint switch matrices. They offer 600 MHz bandwidth and slew rate of 1800 V/μs for high resolution computer graphics (RGB) signal switching. With less than −70 dB of crosstalk and −90 dB isolation (@ 5 MHz), the AD8104/AD8105 are useful in many high speed applications. The 0.1 dB flatness, which is greater than 50 MHz, makes the AD8104/AD8105 ideal for composite video switching.
The AD8104/AD8105 include 16 independent output buffers that can be placed into a high impedance state for paralleling crosspoint outputs so that off-channels present minimal loading to an output bus. The AD8104 has a differential gain of +1, while the AD8105 has a differential gain of +2 for ease of use in back-terminated load applications. They operate as fully differential devices or can be configured for single-ended operation. Either a single +5 V supply or dual ±2.5 V supplies can be used, while consuming only 340 mA of idle current with all outputs enabled. The channel switching is performed via a double-buffered, serial digital control (which can accommodate daisy-chaining of several devices), or via a parallel control, allowing updating of an individual output without reprogramming the entire array.
The AD8104/AD8105 are packaged in a 304-ball BGA package and are available over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Routing of high speed signals including
- RGB and component video routing
- Compressed video (MPEG, wavelet)
- Data communications
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.