Features and Benefits
- Fast (2.2 µs) 14-Bit ADC
- 400 kSPS Throughput Rate
- 0.3 µs Track/Hold Acquisition Time
- Single Supply Operation
- High-Speed Parallel Interface which Also Allows Interfacing to 3 V Processors
- Low Power, 80 mW Typ
- Selection of Input Ranges:
±10 V, ±5 V and ±2.5 V
0 V to 2.5 V and 0 V to 5 V
- Power-Saving Mode, 20 µW Typ
- Overvoltage Protection on Analog Inputs
- Power-Down Mode via STBY Pin
The AD7899 is a fast, low power, 14-bit A/D converter that operates from a single +5 V supply. The part contains a 2.0 µs successive approximation ADC, a track/hold amplifier, 2.5 V reference, on chip clock oscillator, signal conditioning circuitry and a high speed parallel interface. The part accepts analog input ranges of ±10 V , ±5 V, ±2.5 V, 0 V to +2.5 V and 0 V to +5 V. Overvoltage protection on the analog inputs for the part allows the input voltage to exceeded without damaging the parts or affecting a conversion in progress.
- The AD7899 features a fast (2.2 µs) ADC allowing throughput rates of up to 400 kSPS.
- The AD7899 operates from a single 5 V supply and consumes only 80 mW typ making it ideal for low power and portable applications.
- The part offers a high-speed parallel interface. The interface can operate in 3 V and 5 V mode allowing for easy connection to 3 V or 5 V microprocessors, microcontrollers, and digital signal processors.
- The part is offered in three versions with different analog input ranges. The AD7899-1 offers the standard industrial ranges of ±10 V and ±5 V; the AD7899-2 offers a unipolar range of 0 V to 2.5 or 0 V to 5 V, and the AD7899-3 has an input range of ±2.5 V.
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7899CBZ is a fully featured evaluation kit for the AD7899. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Evaluation Controller board . When operated with the Evaluation Controller board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Evaluation Controller board.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.