Features and Benefits
- Fast 12-Bit ADC with 3.8 µs Conversion Time
- 8-Pin Mini-DlP and SOIC
- Single 5 V Supply Operation
- High Speed, Easy-to-Use, Serial Interface
- On-Chip Track/Hold Amplifier
- High Input Impedance
- Selection of Input Ranges:
±10 V for AD7895-10
±2.5 V for AD7895-3
0 V to +2.5 V for AD7895-2
- Low Power: 20 mW max
- 14-Bit Pin Compatible Upgrade (AD7894)
The AD7895 is a fast 12-bit ADC that operates from a single +5 V supply and is housed in a small 8-pin mini-DIP and 8-pin SOIC. The part contains a 3.8 µs successive approximation A/D converter, an on-chip track/hold amplifier, an on-chip clock and a high speed serial interface.
Output data from the AD7895 is provided via a high speed, serial interface port. This two-wire serial interface has a serial clock input and a serial data output with the external serial clock accessing the serial data from the part.
In addition to the traditional dc accuracy specifications such as linearity and full-scale and offset errors, the AD7895 is specified for dynamic performance parameters, including harmonic distortion and signal-to-noise ratio.
The part accepts an analog input range of ±10 V (AD7895-10), ±2.5 V (AD7895-3), 0 V to 2.5 V (AD7895-2) and operates from a single +5 V supply, consuming only 20 mW max.
The AD7895 features a high sampling rate mode and, for low power applications, a proprietary automatic power-down mode where the part automatically goes into power down once conversion is complete and "wakes up" before the next conversion cycle.
The part is available in a small, 8-pin, 0.3" wide, plastic dual-in-line package (mini-DIP) and in an 8-pin, small outline IC (SOIC).
- Fast, 12-Bit ADC in 8-Pin Package The AD7895 contains a 3.8 µs ADC, a track/hold amplifier, control logic and a high speed serial interface, all in an 8-pin package. This offers considerable space saving over alternative solutions.
- Low Power, Single Supply Operation The AD7895 operates from a single +5 V supply and consumes only 20 mW. The automatic power-down mode, where the part goes into power-down once conversion is complete and “wakes up” before the next conversion cycle, makes the AD7895 ideal for battery-powered or portable applications.
- High Speed Serial Interface The part provides high speed serial data and serial clock lines allowing for an easy, two-wire serial interface arrangement.
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.