Features and Benefits
- Specified for VDD of 3 V to 5.5 V
- Read-Only Operation
- AD7853–200 kSPS; AD7853L–100 kSPS
- System and Self-Calibration with Autocalibration on Power-Up
- Automatic Power Down After Conversion (25 mW)
- Low Power:
AD7853: 12 mW (VDD = 3 V)
AD7853L: 4.5 mW (VDD = 3 V)
- Flexible Serial Interface:
- 24-Lead DIP, SOIC and SSOP Packages
The AD7853 / AD7853L are high speed, low power, 12-bit ADCs that operate from a single 3 V or 5 V power supply, the AD7853 being optimized for speed and the AD7853L for low power. The ADC powers up with a set of default conditions at which time it can be operated as a read-only ADC. The ADC contains self-calibration and system-calibration options to ensure accurate operation over time and temperature and have a number of power-down options for low power applications. The part powers up with a set of default conditions and can operate as a read only ADC.
The AD7853 is capable of 200 kHz throughput rate while the AD7853L is capable of 100 kHz throughput rate. The input track-and-hold acquires a signal in 500 ns and features a pseudo-differential sampling scheme. The AD7853 / AD7853L voltage range is 0 to VREF with both straight binary and 2s complement output coding. Input signal range is to the supply, and the part is capable of converting full power signals to 100 kHz.
CMOS construction ensures low power dissipation of typically 4.5 mW for normal operation and 1.15 mW in power-down mode, with a throughput rate of 10 kSPS (VDD = 3 V). The part is available in 24-lead, 0.3 inch wide dual-in-line package (DIP), 24-lead small outline (SOIC) and 24-lead small shrink outline (SSOP) packages.
- Specified for 3 V and 5 V supplies.
- Automatic calibration on power-up.
- Flexible power management options including automatic power-down after conversion.
- Operates with reference voltages from 1.2 V to VDD.
- Analog input ranges from 0 V to VDD.
- Self- and system calibration.
- Versatile serial I/O port (SPI/QSPI/8051/µP).
- Lower power version AD7853L.
- Battery-Powered Systems (Personal Digital Assistants, Medical Instruments, Mobile Communications)
- Pen Computers
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- High Speed Modems
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.