Features and Benefits
- 333 kSPS Throughput Rate/±2 LSB DNL—A Grade
- 285 kSPS Throughput Rate/±1 LSB DNL—K Grade
- A and K Grades Guaranteed to 125°C/238 kSPS Throughput Rate
- Pseudo-Differential Input with Two Input Ranges
- Read/Write Capability of Calibration Data
- System and Self-Calibration with Autocalibration on Power-Up
- Single 5 V Supply
- Low Power: 60 mW Typ
- Power-Down Mode: 5 µW Typ Power Consumption
- Flexible Serial Interface: 8051/SPI®/QSPI™/µP Compatible
- 24-Lead PDIP, SOIC, and SSOP Packages
The AD7851 is a high speed, 14-bit ADC which operate from a single 5V power supply. The ADC powers-up with a set of default conditions at which time it can be operated as a read-only ADC. The ADC contains self-calibration and system calibration options to ensure accurate operation over time and temperature and has a number of power down options for low power applications.
The AD7851 is capable of 272kHz throughput rate. The input track-and-hold acquires a signal in 0.33 µs and features a pseudo-differential sampling scheme. The AD7851 has the added advantage of two input voltage ranges ( 0 to VREF, and -VREF/2 to +VREF/2 centered about VREF/2). Input signal range is to VDD and the part is capable of converting full-power signals to 140 kHz.
CMOS construction ensures low power dissipation (60 mW typ) with power-down mode (5 µW typ). The part is available in 24- pin, 0.3 inch-wide dual-in-line package (DIP), 24 lead small outline (SOIC) and 24 lead small shrink outline (SSOP) packages.
- Single 5 V supply.
- Operates with reference voltages from 4 V to VDD.
- Analog input ranges from 0 V to VDD.
- System and self-calibration including power-down mode.
- Versatile serial I/O port.
- Digital Signal Processing
- Speech Recognition and Synthesis
- Spectrum Analysis
- DSP Servo Control
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- High Speed Modems
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.