Features and Benefits
- 10-Bit Temperature-to-Digital Converter
- –40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
- ±2°C Accuracy
- SPI-and DSP-Compatible Serial Interface
- Shutdown Mode
- Space-Saving SOT-23 Package
The AD7814 is a complete temperature monitoring system in a SOT-23 package or 8-lead MSOP package. It contains a band gap temperature sensor and 10-bit ADC to monitor and digitize the temperature reading to a resolution of 0.25°C
The AD7814 has a flexible serial interface that allows easy interfacing to most microcontrollers. The interface is compatible with SPI®, QSPI™, and MICROWIRE™ protocol, and is also compatible with DSPs. The part features a standby mode that is controlled via the serial interface.
The AD7814’s wide supply voltage range, low supply current, and SPI-compatible interface make it ideal for a variety of applications, including personal computers, office equipment, and domestic appliances.
- The AD7814 has an on-chip temperature sensor that allows an accurate measurement of the ambient temperature. The measurable temperature range is –55°C to +125°C, with a ±2°C temperature accuracy.
- Supply voltage of 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Space-saving 6-lead SOT-23 package and 8-lead MSOP package
- 10-bit temperature reading to 0.25°C resolution
- Standby mode that reduces the current consumption to 1 µA
- Hard Disk Drives
- Personal Computers
- Electronic Test Equipment
- Office Equipment
- Domestic Appliances
- Process Control
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.