Features and Benefits
- Pin and software compatible with the AD7656A featuring reduced decoupling requirements
- 6 independent analog-to-digital converters (ADCs)
- True bipolar analog inputs
- Pin-/software-selectable ranges: ±10 V or ±5 V
- Fast throughput rate: 250 kSPS
- iCMOS process technology
- Low power: 140 mW at 250 kSPS with 5 V supplies
- High noise performance with wide bandwidth
88 dB SNR at 10 kHz input frequency
- On-chip reference and reference buffers
- See data sheet for additional features
The AD7656A-1 is a reduced decoupling pin- and software-compatible version of AD7656A. The AD7656A-1 contains six 16-bit, fast, low power successive approximation ADCs in a package designed on the iCMOS® process (industrial CMOS). iCMOS is a process combining high voltage silicon with submicron CMOS and complementary bipolar technologies. It enables the development of a wide range of high performance analog ICs, capable of 33 V operation in a footprint that no previous generation of high voltage devices could achieve. Unlike analog ICs using conventional CMOS processes, iCMOS components can accept bipolar input signals while providing increased performance, which dramatically reduces power consumption and package size.
The AD7656A-1 features throughput rates of to 250 kSPS. It contains wide bandwidth (4.5 MHz), track-and-hold amplifiers that can handle input frequencies up to 4.5 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using the CONVST x signals and an internal oscillator. Three CONVST x pins (CONVST A, CONVST B, and CONVST C) allow independent, simultaneous sampling of the three ADC pairs. The AD7656A-1 has a high speed parallel and serial interface, allowing the device to interface with microprocessors or digital signal processors (DSPs). In serial interface mode, the AD7656A-1 has a daisy-chain feature that allows multiple ADCs to connect to a single serial interface. The AD7656A-1 can accommodate true bipolar input signals in the ±4 × VREF range and the ±2 × VREF range. The AD7656A-1 also contains an on-chip 2.5 V reference.
Multifunction pin names may be referenced by their relevant function only.
Please visit next generation product AD7606.
- Six 16-bit, 250 kSPS ADCs on board.
- Six true bipolar, high impedance analog inputs.
- High speed parallel and serial interfaces.
- Reduced decoupling requirements and reduced bill of materials cost compared with the AD7656A.
- Power line monitoring and measuring systems
- Instrumentation and control systems
- Multiaxis positioning systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.