Features and Benefits
- 12-Bit Successive Approximation ADC
- Four High Impedance Input Channels
- Analog Input Voltage Range of 0 to +5 V with Positive Reference of +5 V
- Conversion Time of 100 µs Per Channel
- No Missed Codes Over Full Temperature Range
- Low Total Unadjusted Error ±1 LSB max
- Auto-zero Cycle for Low Offset Voltage
- Monolithic Construction
The AD7582 is a medium speed, 4-channel 12-bit CMOS A/D converter which uses the successive approximation technique to provide a conversion time of 100 µs per channel. An auto-zero cycle occurs at the start of each conversion resulting in very low system offset voltages, typically less than 100 µV. The devices is designed for easy microprocessor interface using standard control signals; CS (decoded device address), RD (READ) and WR, (WRITE). The 4-channel multiplexer is controlled via address inputs A0 and A1.
Conversion results are available in two bytes, 8LSB's and 4MSB's, over an 8-bit three state output bus. Either byte can be read first. Two converters busy flags are available to facilitate polling of the converter's status.
The analog input voltage range is 0V to +5V when using a reference voltage of +5V. The four analog inputs are all high impedance inputs with tight channel-to-channel matching—typically 0.1LSBs.
- The AD7582 is a complete 4 channel 12-bit A/D converter in either a 28-pin DIP or 28-terminal surface mount package requiring only a few passive components and a voltage reference.
- Autozero cycle realizes very low offset voltages, typically 100 μV.
- The four channel input multiplexer (user addressable) features high input impedance and excellent channel-to-channel matching.
- Standard microprocessor control signals to allow easy interfacing to most popular 8- and 16-bit microprocessors.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|AD7582BQ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||28 ld CerDIP|
|AD7582KNZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||28-Lead PDIP|
|AD7582KPZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||28 ld PLCC|
|AD7582TQ/883B||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||28 ld CerDIP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.