Features and Benefits
- Fast throughput rate: 1 MSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.7 V to 5.25 V
- Low power at maximum throughput rate: 4 mW
maximum at 1 MSPS with VDD = 3 V 9.25 mW
maximum at 1 MSPS with VDD = 5 V
- Wide input bandwidth: 70 dB SINAD at 100 kHz input frequency
- Pseudo differential analog input
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management
- No pipeline delays
- High speed serial interface: SPI®-/QSPI™-/MICROWIRE™-/DSP-compatible
- Power-down mode: 1 μA maximum
- 8-lead SOT-23 and MSOP packages
The AD7441/AD7451 are, respectively, 10-/12-bit high speed, low power, single-supply, successive approximation (SAR), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) that feature a pseudo differential analog input. These parts operate from a single 2.7 V to 5.25 V power supply and achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates of up to 1 MSPS.
The AD7441/AD7451 contain a low noise, wide bandwidth, differential track-and-hold (T/H) amplifier that handles input frequencies up to 3.5 MHz. The reference voltage for these devices is applied externally to the VREF pin and can range from 100 mV to VDD, depending on the power supply and what suits the application.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using overbar: CS and the serial clock, allowing the device to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signals are sampled on the falling edge of overbar: CS when the conversion is initiated. The SAR architecture of these parts ensures that there are no pipeline delays.
- Operation with 2.7 V to 5.25 V Power Supplies.
- High Throughput with Low Power Consumption. With a 3 V supply, the AD7441/AD7451 offer 4 mW maxi-mum power consumption for a 1 MSPS throughput rate.
- Pseudo Differential Analog Input.
- Flexible Power/Serial Clock Speed Management. The conversion rate is determined by the serial clock, allowing the power to be reduced as the conversion time is reduced through the serial clock speed increase. These parts also feature a shutdown mode to maximize power efficiency at lower throughput rates.
- Variable Voltage Reference Input.
- No Pipeline Delays.
- Accurate Control of Sampling Instant via overbar: CS Input and Once-Off Conversion Control.
- ENOB > 10 Bits Typically with 500 mV Reference.
- Transducer interface
- Battery-powered systems
- Data acquisition systems
- Portable instrumentation
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.