Features and Benefits
- Fast Throughput Rate: 3 MSPS
- Specified for VDD of 2.35 V to 3.6 V
- Low Power: 13.5 mW at 3 MSPS with 3 V Supplies
- Wide Input Bandwidth: 70 dB SNR at 1 MHz Input Frequency
- Flexible Power/Serial Clock Speed Management
- No Pipeline Delays
- High Speed Serial Interface SPI®/QSPI™/MICROWIRE™/DSP Compatible
- Power Down Mode: 1 µA max
- 8-Lead TSOT Package
- 8-Lead MSOP Package
- 12-Bit Version: AD7274
The AD7273 is a 10-bit, high speed, low power, successive-approximation ADC. The part operates from a single 2.35V to 3.6 V power supply and features throughput rates up to 3 MSPS. The part contains a low-noise, wide bandwidth track/hold amplifier which can handle input frequencies in excess of 30 MHz.
The conversion process and data acquisition are controlled using CS and the serial clock, allowing the devices to interface with microprocessors or DSPs. The input signal is sampled on the falling edge of CS and the conversion is also initiated at this point. The conversion rate is determined by the SCLK. There are no pipeline delays associated with the part.
The AD7273 uses advanced design techniques to achieve very low power dissipation at high throughput rates.
The reference for the part is applied externally and can be in the range of 1.2 V to VDD. This allows the widest dynamic input range to the ADC.
- 3 MSPS ADCs in an 8-lead TSOT package.
- High throughput with low power consumption.
- Flexible power/serial clock speed management.
Allows maximum power efficiency at low throughput rates.
- Reference can be driven up to the power supply.
- No pipeline delay.
- The parts feature a standard successive approximation ADC with accurate control of the sampling instant via a CS input and once-off conversion control.
- Battery-Powered Systems
Personal Digital Assistants
- Instrumentation and Control Systems
- Data Acquisition Systems
- High-Speed Modems
- Optical Sensors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.