Features and Benefits
- Dual, simultaneous sampling, 14-bit, 2-channel ADC
- True differential analog inputs
- Programmable gain stage: ×1, ×2, ×3, ×4, ×6, ×8, ×12, ×16, ×24, ×32, ×48, ×64, ×96, ×128
- Throughput rate per ADC
- 1 MSPS for AD7264
- Analog input impedance: >1 GΩ
- Wide input bandwidth
- −3 dB bandwidth: 1.7 MHz at gain = 2
- 4 on-chip comparators
- SNR: 78 dB typical at gain = 2, 71 dB typical at gain = 32
- Device offset calibration
- System gain calibration
- On-chip reference: 2.5 V
- −40°C to +105°C operation
- High speed serial interface
- Compatible with SPI, QSPI™, MICROWIRE™, and DSP
- 48-lead LFCSP and LQFP packages
The AD7264 is a dual, 14-bit, high speed, low power, successive approximation ADC that operates from a single 5 V power supply and features throughput rates of up to 1 MSPS per on-chip ADC. Two complete ADC functions allow simultaneous sampling and conversion of two channels. Each ADC is preceded by a true differential analog input with a PGA. There are 14 gain settings available: ×1, ×2, ×3, ×4, ×6, ×8, ×12, ×16, ×24, ×32, ×48, ×64, ×96, and ×128.
The AD7264 contains four comparators. Comparator A and Comparator B are optimized for low power, whereas Comparator C and Comparator D have fast propagation delays. The AD7264 features a calibration function to remove any device offset error and programmable gain adjust registers to allow input path (for example, sensor) offset and gain compensation. The AD7264 has an on-chip 2.5 V reference that can be disabled if an external reference is preferred. The AD7264 is available in 48-lead LFCSP and LQFP packages.
The AD7264 is ideally suited for monitoring small amplitude signals from a variety of sensors. The devices include all the functionality needed for monitoring the position feedback signals from a variety of analog encoders used in motor control systems.
- Integrated PGA with a variety of flexible gain settings to allow detection and conversion of low level analog signals.
- Each PGA is followed by a dual simultaneous sampling ADC, featuring throughput rates of 1 MSPS per ADC. The conversion result of both ADCs is simultaneously available on separate data lines or in succession on one data line if only one serial port is available.
- Four integrated comparators that can be used to count signals from pole sensors in motor control applications.
- Internal 2.5 V reference.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-AD7264EDZ is a fully featured evaluation Kit for the AD7264. This board operates in stand alone mode or in conjunction with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, EVAL-CED1Z . When operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board, software is provided enabling the user to perform detailed analysis of the ADC's performance. This software includes the technical note describing the operation and set up of the evaluation board in standalone operation or when operated with the Converter Evaluation and Development board.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.