Features and Benefits
- 4 or 6 wideband digital upconverter channels
- VersaCREST™ crest reduction engine reduces demands on external power amplifiers
- One 20-bit complex input port (I/Q interleaved), shared among 4 or 6 processing channels
- Two 18-bit output ports for parallel I and Q, or interleaved I and Q on a single port
- All-pass phase equalizer filters (meets cdma2000 requirements)
- Programmable RAM coefficient FIR filters (RCF) with resampling
- FIR interpolating filters and Fifth-order interpolating CIC filter
- Full complex NCO, 32-bit tuning resolution (fine), worst spur better than - 105 dBc
- Complex FIR filter for frequency equalization
- Power monitoring and output Automatic Gain Control
- 16-bit/8-bit MicroPort or SPI/SPORT compatible serial port
- 3.3 V I/O and 1.8 V core supplies
The AD6633 is a multi-channel, wide-bandwidth (Digital) Transmit Signal Processor (TSP) with VersaCREST™ crest reduction engine. It processes digital baseband input data and generates wideband, real or complex output data. It drives Intermediate Frequency (IF) sampling Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) at sample rates up to 125 Mega Samples Per Second (MSPS). Up to six wideband modulated carriers per package can be achieved from a single output port. Devices may be connected together for additional channels by using multiple packages. Interpolation, anti-imaging filtering, all pass equalization, and NCO tuning functions are combined in a single, cost-effective device which includes the VersaCREST™ crest factor reduction engine.
Each VersaCREST™ wideband channel contains a peak-to-average compensation block that reduces Power Amplifier (PA) requirements. By minimizing infrequent peaks in Code-Division Multiple-Access (CDMA) signals, a PA with one-half to one-quarter the previously necessary power capacity can be used. This is done within standard signal quality requirements, and significantly lowers system cost.
VersaCREST is a trademark of Analog Devices Inc.
- Cellular/PCS basestations
- Micro/pico cell basestations
- Multicarrier cdma2000®, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA basestations
- Broadband wireless access head ends (LMDS, MMDS)
- Software defined radios
- High speed signal processing applications
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.