Features and Benefits
- Pin Compatible to the AD6622
- 18-Bit Parallel Digital IF Output
- Real or Interleaved Complex
- 18-Bit Bidirectional Parallel Digital IF Input/Output
- Allows Cascade of Chips for Additional Channels
- Clipped or Wrapped Over Range
- Two’s Complement or Offset Binary Output
- Four Independent Digital Transmitters in Single Package
- RAM Coefficient Filter (RCF)
- Programmable IF and Modulation for Each Channel
- Programmable Interpolating RAM Coefficient Filter
- π/4-DQPSK Differential Phase Encoder
- 3π/8-PSK Linear Encoder
- 8-PSK Linear Encoder
- Programmable GMSK Look-Up Table
- Programmable QPSK Look-Up Table
- All-Pass Phase Equalizer
- Programmable Fine Scaler
- Programmable Power Ramp Unit
- High Speed CIC Interpolating Filter
- Digital Resampling for Noninteger Interpolation Rates
- NCO Frequency Translation
- Carrier Output from DC to 52 MHz
- Spurious Performance Better than –100 dBc
- Separate 3-Wire Serial Data Input for Each Channel
- Bidirectional Serial Clocks and Frames
- Microprocessor Control
- 2.5 V CMOS Core, 3.3 V Outputs, 5 V Inputs
- JTAG Boundary Scan
Product DetailsThe AD6623 is a four channel Transmit Signal Processor (TSP) that creates high bandwidth data for Transmit Digital-to-Analog Converters (TxDAC®s) from baseband data provided by a Digital Signal Processor (DSP). Modern TxDACs have achieved sufficiently high sampling rates, analog bandwidth, and dynamic range to create the first Intermediate Frequency (IF) directly. The AD6623 synthesizes multi-carrier and multi-standard digital signals to drive these TxDACs. The RAM-based architecture allows easy reconfiguration for multi-mode applications. Modulation, pulse-shaping and anti-imaging filters, static equalization, and tuning functions are combined in a single, cost-effective device. Digital IF signal processing provides repeatable manufacturing, higher accuracy, and more flexibility than comparable high dynamic range analog designs.
The AD6623 is pin compatible to the AD6622 and can operate in AD6622 compatible control register mode.
Each TSP has five cascaded signal processing elements: a programmable interpolating RAM Coefficient Filter (RCF), a programmable Scale and Power Ramp, a programmable 5th order Cascaded Integrator Comb (CIC5) interpolating filter, a flexible 2nd order Re-Sampling Cascaded Integrator Comb filter (rCIC2), and a Numerically Controlled Oscillator/tuner (NCO). The AD6623 has four identical digital TSPs complete with synchronization circuitry and cascadable wideband channel summation. The outputs of the four TSPs are summed and scaled on-chip. In multi-carrier channel wideband transmitters, a bi-directional bus allows the Parallel (wideband) IF Input/Output to drive a second DAC. In this operational mode two AD6623 channels drive one DAC and the other two AD6623 channels drive a second DAC. Multiple AD6623s may be combined by driving the INOUT[17:0] of the succeeding with the OUT[17:0] of the preceding chip. The INOUT[17:0] can alternatively be masked off by software to allow preceding AD6623s outputs to be ignored.
Each channel accepts input data from independent serial ports that may be connected directly to the serial port of Digital Signal Processor (DSP) chips. The AD6623 utilizes a 3.3V I/O power supply and a 2.5V core power supply. All I/O pins are 5V tolerant. All control registers and coefficient values are programmed through a generic microprocessor interface. Intel and Motorola microprocessor bus modes are supported. All inputs and outputs are LVCMOS compatible.
- Cellular/PCS Base Stations
- Micro/Pico Cell Base Stations
- Wireless Local Loop Base Stations
- Multicarrier, Multimode Digital Transmit
- GSM, EDGE, IS136, PHS, IS95, TDS CDMA, UMTS, CDMA2000
- Phased Array Beam Forming Antennas
- Software Defined Radio
- Tuning Resolution Better than 0.025 Hz
- Real or Complex Outputs
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.