Features and Benefits
- Laser trimmed to high accuracy
10.000 V ± 5 mV (U grade)
- Trimmed temperature coefficient
5 ppm/°C maximum (U grade)
- Noise-reduction capability
- Low quiescent current: 4 mA maximum
- Output trim capability
- MIL-STD-883-compliant versions available
The AD587 represents a major advance in state-of-the-art monolithic voltage references. Using a proprietary ion-implanted buried Zener diode and laser wafer trimming of high stability thin-film resistors, the AD587 provides outstanding performance at low cost.
The AD587 offers much higher performance than most other 10 V references. Because the AD587 uses an industry-standard pinout, many systems can be upgraded instantly with the AD587.
The buried Zener approach to reference design provides lower noise and drift than band gap voltage references. The AD587 offers a noise-reduction pin that can be used to further reduce the noise level generated by the buried Zener.
The AD587 is recommended for use as a reference for 8-bit, 10-bit, 12-bit, 14-bit, or 16-bit DACs that require an external precision reference. The device is also ideal for successive approximation or integrating ADCs with up to 14 bits of accuracy. In general, it offers better performance than standard on-chip references.
The AD587J and AD587K are specified for operation from 0°C to 70°C, and the AD587U is specified for operation from −55°C to +125°C. The AD587JQ and AD587UQ models are available in 8-lead CERDIP. Other models are available in an 8-lead SOIC package for surface-mount applications, or in an 8-lead PDIP.
- Laser trimming of both initial accuracy and temperature coefficients. This laser trimming results in very low errors over temperature without the use of external components. The AD587U guarantees ±14 mV maximum total error between −55°C and +125°C.
- Optional fine trim connection. This connection is designed for applications requiring higher precision.
- Instant upgrade of any system using an industry-standard pinout 10 V reference.
- Very low output noise. AD587 output noise is typically 4 μV p-p. A noise-reduction pin is provided for additional noise filtering using an external capacitor.
- MIL-STD-883-compliant versions available. Refer to the Analog Devices Military/Aerospace Reference Manual for detailed specifications.
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
AD587 SPICE Macro Models
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.