Features and Benefits
- Complete A/D Converter with Reference and Clock
- Fast Successive Approximation Conversion: 40 µs
- Digital Multiplexing: Three-State Outputs
- Low Cost Monolithic Construction
- 18-Pin Ceramic DIP
- No Missing Codes Over Temperature
0°C to +70°C: AD571K
–55°C to +125°C: AD571S
The AD571 is an 10-bit successive approximation A/D converter consisting of a DAC, voltage reference, clock, comparator, successive approximation register and output buffers--all fabricated on a single chip. No external components are required to perform a full accuracy 10-bit conversion in 40 µs.
Operating on supplies of +5 V to +15 V and -15 V, the AD571 will accepts analog inputs of 0 V to +10 V unipolar of ±5 V bipolar, externally selectable. When the BLANK and CONVERT input is driven low, the three state outputs will be open and a conversion will commence. Upon completion of the the DATA READY line goes low and the data pears at the output. Pulling the BLANK and CONVERT input high blanks the outputs and readies the device for the next version. The AD571 executes a true 10-bit conversion with no missing codes in 40 µs maximum.
The AD571 is available in two versions for the 0°C to +70°C temperature range, the AD571J and K. The AD571S guarantees 10-bit accuracy and no missing codes from −55°C to +125°C.
- The AD571 is a complete 10-bit A/D converter. No external components are required to perform a conversion. Full-scale calibration accuracy of ± 0.3% is achieved without external trims.
- The AD571 is a single chip device employing the most advanced IC processing techniques. Thus, the user has at his disposal a truly precision component with the reliability and low cost inherent in monolithic construction.
- The AD571 accepts either unipolar (0 V to +10 V) or bipolar (–5 V to +5 V) analog inputs by grounding or opening a single pin.
- The device offers true 10-bit accuracy and exhibits no missing codes over its entire operating temperature range.
- Operation is guaranteed with –15 V and +5 V or +15 V supplies. The device will also operate with a –12 V supply.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|5962-8680202VA||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||18-Lead Side-Brazed CerDIP|
|AD571JD||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||18-Lead Side-Brazed CerDIP|
|AD571SD||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||18-Lead Side-Brazed CerDIP|
|AD571SD/883B||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||18-Lead Side-Brazed CerDIP|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.