Features and Benefits
- Single-channel, 1024-position resolution
- 10 kΩ nominal resistance
- 50-times programmable (50-TP) wiper memory
- Rheostat mode temperature coefficient: 35 ppm/°C
- Compact MSOP, 10-lead 3 mm × 4.9 mm × 1.1 mm package
- ±2.5 V to ±2.75 V dual-supply operation for ac or bipolar operations
- I2C-compatible interface
- Wiper setting and memory readback
- Power on refreshed from memory
- Resistor Tolerance Stored in Memory
- Thin LFCSP, 10-lead, 3 mm x 3 mm x 0.8 mm package
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V single-supply operation
The AD5175 is a single-channel, 1024-position digital rheostat that combines industry leading variable resistor performance with nonvolatile memory (NVM) in a compact package.
This device supports both dual-supply operation at ±2.5 V to ±2.75 V and single-supply operation at 2.7 V to 5.5 V, and offers 50-times programmable (50-TP) memory.
The AD5175 device wiper settings are controllable through the I2C–compatible digital interface. Unlimited adjustments are allowed before programming the resistance value into the 50-TP memory. The AD5175 does not require any external voltage supply to facilitate fuse blow and there are 50 opportunities for permanent programming. During 50-TP activation, a permanent blow fuse command freezes the resistance position (analogous to placing epoxy on a mechanical trimmer).
The AD5175 is available in a 3 mm × 3 mm 10-lead LFCSP package and in a 10-lead MSOP package. The part is guaranteed to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Mechanical rheostat replacements
- Op-amp: variable gain control
- Instrumentation: gain, offset adjustment
- Programmable voltage to current conversions
- Programmable filters, delays, time constants
- Programmable power supply
- Sensor calibration
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.