Features and Benefits
- 2-Channel, 256-position potentiometer
- End-to-End Resistance
- 2.5kΩ, 10kΩ, 50kΩ, 100kΩ
- Compact 10-lead MSOP (3 mm x 4.9 mm) package
- Fast settling time: ts = 5 μs typical on power-up
- Full read/write of wiper register
- Power-On preset to midscale
- Single Supply: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Low Temperature
- Coefficient 35 ppm/°C
- Low power, IDD = 6 µA maximum
- Wide operating temperature:
–40°C to +125°C
- Evaluation board available
- Qualified for automotive applications
The AD5162 provides a compact 3 mm x 4.9 mm packaged solution for dual 256 position adjustment applications. This device performs the same electronic adjustment function as a 3-terminal mechanical potentiometer. Available in four different end-to-end resistance values (2.5 kΩ, 10 kΩ, 50 kΩ, 100 kΩ), this low temperature coefficient device is ideal for high accuracy and stability-variable resistance adjustments.
The wiper settings are controllable through the SPI compatible digital interface. The resistance between the wiper and either end point of the fixed resistor varies linearly with respect to the digital code transferred into the RDAC latch1.
Operating from a 2.7 V to 5.5 V power supply and consuming less than 6 µA allows the AD5162 to be used in portable battery-operated applications.
For applications that program the AD5162 at the factory, Analog Devices offers device programming software running on Windows® NT/2000/XP operating systems. This software effectively replaces the need for external SPI controllers, which in turn enhances the time to market of systems. An AD5162 evaluation kit and software are available. The kit includes a cable and instruction manual.
1 The terms digital potentiometer, VT, and RDAC are used interchangeably.
- Systems calibrations
- Electronics level settings
- Mechanical trimmers replacement in new designs
- Permanent factory PCB setting
- Transducer adjustment of pressure, temperature, position, chemical, and optical sensors
- RF amplifier biasing
- Automotive electronics adjustment
- Gain control and offset adjustment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.