Features and Benefits
- Nominal resistor tolerance error: ±8% maximum
- Wiper current: ±6 mA
- Rheostat mode temperature coefficient: 35 ppm/°C
- Low power consumption: 2.5 μA max @ 2.7 V and 125°C
- Wide bandwidth: 4 MHz (5 kΩ option)
- Power-on EEPROM refresh time < 50 μs
- 50-year typical data retention at 125°C
- 1 million write cycles
- 2.3 V to 5.5 V supply operation
- Chip select enable multiple device operation
- Wide operating temperature: −40°C to +125°C
- Thin, 2 mm × 2 mm × 0.55 mm, 8-lead LFCSP package
The AD5113 provides a nonvolatile solution for 64-position adjustment applications, offering guaranteed low resistor tolerance errors of ±8% and up to ±6 mA current density in the A, B, and W pins. The low resistor tolerance, low nominal temperature coefficient, and high bandwidth simplify open-loop applications, as well as tolerance matching applications.
The new low wiper resistance feature minimizes the wiper resistance in the extremes of the resistor array to only 45 Ω typical.
A simple 3-wire up/down interface allows manual switching or high speed digital control with clock rates up to 50 MHz.
The AD5113 is available in a 2 mm × 2 mm LFCSP package. The parts are guaranteed to operate over the extended industrial temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Mechanical potentiometer replacement
- Portable electronics level adjustment
- Audio volume control
- Low resolution DAC
- LCD panel brightness and contrast control
- Programmable voltage to current conversion
- Programmable filters, delays, time constants
- Feedback resistor programmable power supply
- Sensor calibration
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The AD5111 supports single-supply 2.3 V to 5.5 V operation, making the device suited for battery-powered applications and many other applications, offering guaranteed low resistor tolerance errors of ±8% and high bandwidth while allowing up to ±6 mA current density in the A, B, and W pins.
A simple 3-wire up/down interface allows manual switching or high speed digital control with clock rates up to 50 MHz. The EVAL-AD5111SDZ can operate in single-supply mode and incorporates an internal power supply from the USB.
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.