Features and Benefits
- 5 V Stereo Audio System with 3.3 V Tolerant Digital Interface
- Supports up to 96 kHz Sample Rates
- 192 kHz Sample Rate available on one DAC
- Supports 16-/20-/24-Bit Word Lengths
- Multibit Sigma-Delta Modulators with "Perfect Differential Linearity Restoration"
- Data Directed Scrambling DACs -Least Sensitive to Jitter
- Differential Output for Optimum Performance
- ADCs:-95 dB THD +N, 105 dB SNR and Dynamic Range
- DACs:-95 dB THD +N, 108 dB SNR and Dynamic Range
- On-Chip Volume Controls Per Channel with 1024 Step Linear Scale
- DAC and ADC Software Controllable Clickless Mutes
- Digital De-Emphasis Processing
- Supports 256 x fS, 512 x fS, and 768 x fS Master Mode Clocks
- Power-Down Mode Plus Soft Power-Down Mode
The AD1835A is a high-performance single-chip CODEC featuring four stereo DACs and one stereo ADC.
Each DAC comprises a high-performance digital interpolation filter, a multi-bit sigma-delta modulator featuring Analog Devices patented technology and a continuous-time voltage out analog section. Each DAC has independent volume control and clickless mute functions. The ADC comprises two 24-bit conversion channels with multi-bit sigma-delta modulators and decimation filters.
The AD1835A also contains an on-chip reference with a nominal value of 2.25 V.
The AD1835A contains a flexible serial interface that allows for glueless connection to a variety of DSP chips, AES/EBU receivers and sample rate converters. The AD1835A can be configured in Left-Justified, Right-Justified, I2S or DSP compatible serial modes. Control of the AD1835 is achieved by means of an SPI compatible serial port. While the AD1835A can be operated from a single 5 V supply, it also features a separate supply pin for its digital interface, which allows the device to be interfaced to other devices using 3.3 V power supplies.
The AD1835A is available in a 52 Lead MQFP package and is specified for the industrial temperature range of -40ºC to +85ºC.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.