Features and Benefits
- Worldwide NTSC/PAL/SECAM color demodulation support
- One 10-bit ADC, 4× oversampling per channel for CVBS, S-Video mode, and YPrPb
- 4 analog video input channels with on-chip antialiasing filter
- Video input support for CVBS (composite), S-Video (Y/C), and YPrPb (component)
- Fully differential, pseudo differential, and single-ended CVBS video input support
- NTSC/PAL/SECAM autodetection
- Up to 4 V common-mode input range solution
- Excellent common-mode rejection capability
- 5-line adaptive comb filters and CTI/DNR video enhancement
- Integrated AGC with adaptive peak white mode
- Fast switch capability
- Downdither (8 bits to 6 bits)
- Rovi copy protection detection
- 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 YCrCb 4:2:2 output and HS, VS, or field synchronization
- Full-featured VBI data slicer with teletext support (WST)
- Power-down mode available
- 2-wire serial MPU interface (I2C compatible)
- Single 1.8 V supply possible
- −40°C to +105°C automotive temperature grade
- −40°C to +85°C industrial qualified temperature grade
- 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm, RoHS compliant LFCSP
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADV7182A has the same pinout and is software compatible with the ADV7182.
The ADV7182A is a versatile, one chip, multiformat video decoder that automatically detects standard analog baseband video signals and converts them into YCbCr 4:2:2 component video data streams.
The analog input of the ADV7182A features a single, 10-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) and an on-chip differential to single-ended converter to accommodate direct connection of differential, pseudo differential, or single-ended CVBS without the need for external amplifier circuitry.
The standard definition processor (SDP) on the ADV7182A automatically detects NTSC, PAL, and SECAM standards in the form of CVBS (composite), S-Video (Y/C), and YPrPb (component). The analog video is converted into a 4:2:2 component video data stream that is compatible with the 8-bit ITU-R BT.656 interface standard. External synchronization timing signals are also available.
The ADV7182A is provided in a space-saving, LFCSP, surface- mount, RoHS compliant package. It is offered in an automotive grade rated over the −40°C to +105°C temperature range, as well as a −40°C to +85°C industrial temperature range, making the device ideal for automotive, industrial, and consumer applications.
The ADV7182A must be configured in accordance with the I2C writes provided in the evaluation board script files.
- Advanced driver assistance
- Automotive infotainment
- DVRs for video security
- Media players
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADV7182AEBZ evaluation kit is the platform provided by Analog Devices, Inc., to evaluate the ADV7182A
video decoder. The EVAL-ADV7182AEBZ evaluation kit
contains an EVAL-ADV7182AEBZ evaluation board and all of its necessary peripherals.
This user guide provides a detailed overview of the EVAL- ADV7182AEBZ evaluation board hardware and the software required to use it.
The ADV7182A data sheet should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADV7182AEBZ evaluation board.
EngineerZone can be accessed to find additional information on the ADV7182A.
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.