ADPD6000: Multimodal Sensor Front End Data Sheet (Rev. 0)5/5/20221 M
Features and Benefits
- Optical channel
- 4 input channels with multiple operation modes for various sensor measurements
- Dual channel processing with simultaneous sampling
- 12 programmable time slots for synchronized sensor measurements
- Flexible input multiplexing to support single-ended sensor measurements
- 4 LED drivers, 2 of which can be driven simultaneously
- Flexible sampling rate from 0.004 Hz to 9 kHz using internal oscillators
- SNR of transmit and receive signal chain: 117 dB (with off-chip filtering)
- AC ambient light rejection: 78 dB up to 100 Hz
- 400 mA total LED peak drive current
- Individual ambient light rejection DAC at TIA input with 9-bit control up to 300 μA
- Individual LED dc cancellation DAC at TIA input with 7-bit control up to 190 μA
- ECG channel
- 0.75 μV rms RTI noise at diagnostic filter bandwidth (150 Hz)
- High input impedance: 3 GΩ
- Accepts up to 1.2 V of dc differential input range
- Common-mode rejection ratio: 116 dB
- Two-electrode and three-electrode configurations
- AC lead off detection and dc lead off detection
- BIA channel
- Low power, high accuracy excitation path
- Configurable output frequency up to 250 kHz
- Sine wave excitation with a 12-bit DAC
- High accuracy with large imbalance contact impedance
- Configurable receive filters with low noise design
- Complex impedance measurement engine
- Supports both external calibration and internal calibration
- SPI communications supported
- 640-byte FIFO
The ADPD6000 is a highly integrated analog front end (AFE) designed for measuring various vital signals.
The optical channel is designed as an optical transceiver, stimulating up to four light emitting diodes (LEDs) and measuring the return signal on up to four separate current inputs. The signal chain rejects signal offsets and corruption from asynchronous modulated interference, typically from ambient light, eliminating the need for optical filters or externally controlled dc cancellation circuitry.
The electrocardiography (ECG) signal acquisition is designed to support low noise, diagnostic level measurement in the presence of a variety of interferers. The ECG signal chain has a number of complementary features supporting ECG measurement, such as driven reference for common-mode rejection and lead off detection to identify a fallen electrode.
The body impedance analysis (BIA) signal chain is designed for body impedance measurement with a configurable excitation path and measurement path. A 12-bit digital-to-analog (DAC) is used in the excitation path to generate the sinusoid wave and high precision measurement, with configurable filters used to measure the body response of the stimulus.
The data output and functional configuration use a serial port interface (SPI) on the ADPD6000. The control circuitry includes flexible LED signaling and synchronous detection, digital filters, digital wave generators, and configurable filters.
The ADPD6000 is available in a 2.6 mm × 2.6 mm, 0.4 mm pitch, 36-ball wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP).
- Wearable health and fitness monitors: heart rate, heart rate variability, SpO2, body impedance analysis, hydration, cuffless noninvasive blood pressure
- Home patient monitoring
- Industrial monitoring: particle and aerosol, gas, and conductivity detection
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This user guide describes the operation of the EVAL-ADPD6000Z demonstration kit, which is an evaluation module for the ADPD6000.
The ADPD6000 is a fully integrated analog front end (AFE) for wearable vital signal monitoring (VSM) devices. The key functions of the ADPD6000 include photoplethysmography (PPG), electrocardiography (ECG), and body impedance analysis (BIA).
The demonstration kit includes both software and hardware. The EVAL-ADPD6000Z can evaluate the AFE feature and verify the system design based on the AFE. According to the requirements of the application, the user can use a cable connection or Bluetooth connection to establish communication between the PC and the EVAL-ADPD6000Z.
This user guide also describes the example configuration of the different functions of the ADPD6000.
For full details on the ADPD6000, see the ADPD6000 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADPD6000Z.
Features & Benefits
- Board supports ADPD6000 population
- 4 separately driven LEDs included: 1 green LED at the center, 1 red LED, and 2 infrared LEDs
- Four channels of PD input: two channels with single PD, and two channels with double PD
- Works with the VSM Client evaluation software allowing
- Time domain graphing and logging
- Selection of supported functions, including PPG, BIA, and ECG
- Real-time data display with the various combinations of the functions
Documentation & Resources
Software & Systems Requirements
VSM Client Setup (Rev. 1.2.0)
ADPD6000 SDK Setup (Rev. 1.3.0)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADPD6000BCBZR7||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||36-Ball WLCSP (2.56 mm x 2.56 mm x 0.595 mm)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.