Features and Benefits
- Wide input supply voltage range: 4.5 V to 60 V
- Integrated flyback power switch
- Generates isolated, independent bipolar outputs and factory programmable buck output
- VOUT1: 21 V, 24 V or 6 V to 28 V
- VOUT2: 5.15 V, 5.0 V, or 3.3 V
- VOUT3: −24 V to −5 V
- Uses a 1:1 ratio transformer for simplified transformer design
- Peak current limiting and OVP for flyback, buck, and inverting regulators
- Precision enable input and power-good output
- Adjustable switching frequency via SYNC input
- Internal compensation and soft start control per regulator
- High speed, low propagation delay, SPI signal isolation channels
- Three, 100 kbps general-purpose isolated data channels
- 9 mm × 7 mm LFCSP form factor enables small overall solution size
- −40°C to +125°C operating junction temperature range
- Conforms to CISPR11 Class B radiated emission limits
Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition: 2500 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- 300 V rms basic insulation between slave, master, and field power domains (IEC 61010-1, pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity
- DIN V VDE 0884-10 (VDE 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 565 VPEAK
The ADP1031 is a high performance, isolated micropower management unit (PMU) that combines an isolated flyback dc-to-dc regulator, an inverting dc-to-dc regulator, and a buck dc-to-dc regulator, providing three isolated power rails. Additionally, the ADP1031 contains four, high speed, serial peripheral interface (SPI) isolation channels and three generalpurpose isolators for channel to channel applications where low power dissipation and small solution size is required.
Operating over an input voltage range of +4.5 V to +60 V, the ADP1031 generates isolated output voltages of +6 V to +28 V (adjustable version) or+ 21 V and +24 V (fixed versions) for VOUT1, factory programmable voltages of +5.15 V, +5.0 V, or +3.3 V for VOUT2, and an adjustable output voltages of −24 V to −5 V for VOUT3.
By default, the ADP1031 flyback regulator operates at a 250 kHz switching frequency and the buck and inverting regulators operate at 125 kHz. All three regulators are phase shifted relative to each other to reduce electromagnetic interference (EMI). The ADP1031 can be driven by an external oscillator in the range of 350 kHz to 750 kHz to ease noise filtering in sensitive applications.
The digital isolators integrated in the ADP1031 use Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology, optimized for low power and low radiated emissions.
The ADP1031 is available in a 9 mm × 7 mm, 41-lead LFCSP and is rated for a −40°C to +125°C operating junction temperature range.
- Industrial automation and process control
- Instrumentation and data acquisition systems
- Data and power isolation
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP1031CP-EVALZ is a fully featured evaluation board that demonstrates the functionality of the ADP1031 dc-to-dc converters and the isolated data channels.
Users can evaluate ADP1031 device measurements, such as line regulation, load regulation, and efficiency with the evaluation board. The board also assists in evaluating the functionality of the isolated digital channels. Device features including oscillator synchronization, soft start, power good monitoring, sequencing, and slew rate control can be demonstrated on the evaluation board.
Each board model in the evaluation kit has a different output configuration. Only one board model is included in the kit butusers can order from five different board models to fit theirapplication needs.
Refer to the ADP1031 data sheet for more details about the dc-to-dc converters and isolated data channels.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 4.5 V to 60 V
- Output voltage VOUT1: 24 V or 21 V
- Output voltage VOUT2: 5.15 V
- Output voltage VOUT3: −15 V
- Enable and disable controls
- Slew rate controls
- Access to SYNC pin for oscillator synchronization
- Access to all seven data channels
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.