Features and Benefits
- 5.7 kV rms and 1.5 kV rms LVDS isolators
- Complies with TIA/EIA-644-A LVDS signal levels
- Quad-channel configuration (ADN4622: 2 + 2, ADN4624: 4 + 0)
- Any data rate up to 2.5 Gbps switching with low jitter
- 10 Gbps total bandwidth across four channels
- 2.15 ns typical propagation delay
- Typical jitter: 0.82 ps rms random, 40 ps total peak
- Lower power 1.8 V supplies
- ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection across isolation barrier
- High common-mode transient immunity: 100 kV/μs typical
- Safety and regulatory approvals (28-lead SOIC_W_FP package)
- UL (pending): 5700 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-11 (VDE V 0884-11):2017-01
- VIORM = 849 VPEAK (working voltage)
- Enable or disable refresh (low-speed output correctness check)
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- 28-lead, wide-body, finer pitch SOIC_W_FP package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance or 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package with 1.27 mm creepage and clearance
The ADN4622/ADN4624 are quad-channel, signal isolated, low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) buffers that operate at up to 2.5 Gbps with very low jitter. The devices integrate Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, enhanced for high-speed operation to provide drop-in galvanic isolation of LVDS signal chains. AC coupling and/or level shifting to the LVDS receivers and from the LVDS drivers allows isolation of other high-speed signals such as current-mode logic (CML).
The ADN4622/ADN4624 include a refresh mechanism to monitor the input and output states and ensure they remain the same in the absence of data transitions. For lower power consumption and high-speed operation with low jitter, the LVDS and isolator circuits rely on 1.8 V supplies. The ADN4622/ADN4624 are fully specified over a wide industrial temperature range and are available in a 28-lead, wide-body, finer pitch SOIC_W_FP package with 8.3 mm creepage and clearance (for 5.7 kV rms or 8 kVPEAK surge and impulse voltages and reinforced insulation at AC mains voltages) or 6 mm × 6 mm LFCSP package with 1.27 mm creepage and clearance (for basic/functional isolation).
- Isolated video and imaging data
- Analog front-end isolation
- Data plane isolation
- Isolated high speed clock and data links
- Multi-gigabit SERDES
- Board-to-board optical replacement (for example, short reach fiber)
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADN4622EB1Z and EVAL-ADN4624EB1Z allow quick and simple evaluation of the ADN4622 and ADN4624 low-voltage differential signaling (LVDS) isolators respectively, without the need for external components. The ADN4622/ADN4624 employ Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 4-channel isolator with LVDS receivers and drivers into a single, 28-lead wide-body SOIC package with finer pitch. The devices are capable of running at data rates of up to 2.5 Gbps with low jitter.
The EVAL-ADN4622EB1Z and EVAL-ADN4624EB1Z have a separate ground and power plane for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADN4622/ADN4624 with galvanic isolation between both sides of the device. 1.8 V power supplies are required on each side of the ADN4622/ADN4624 device, and the ADN4622 additionally requires a 3.3 V power supply on each side.
For full details on the ADN4622/ADN4624, see the ADN4622/ADN4624 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADN4622EB1Z or EVALADN4624EB1Z.
Features & Benefits
- Isolated ground planes (logic side and bus side)
- High speed layout supports 2.5 Gigabit operation and precision jitter measurements (<1 ps rms for random jitter)
- Convenient connections through SMA terminals
- 1.8 V power on Side 1 (VDD1) and Side 2 (VDD2)
- ADN4622: 3.3 V power for LVDS receivers on Side 1 (VIO1) and Side 2 (VIO2)
- Ground on Side 1 (GND1) and ground on Side 2 (GND2)
- LVDS input signals: DIN1+, DIN1−, DIN2+, DIN2−, DIN3+, DIN3−, DIN4+, DIN4−
- LVDS output signals: DOUT1+, DOUT1−, DOUT2+, DOUT2−, DOUT3+, DOUT3−, DOUT4+, DOUT4−
- Jumper-selectable refresh mode
- Termination resistors on all LVDS receivers
Documentation & Resources
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.