Features and Benefits
- TIA/EIA RS-485 compliant over full supply range
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VCC
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V VIO logic supply option available
- ESD protection on the bus pins
- IEC 61000-4-2 ≥ ±12 kV contact discharge
- IEC 61000-4-2 ≥ ±12 kV air discharge
- HBM ≥ ±30 kV
- Full hot swap support (glitch free power-up/power-down)
- High speed 50 Mbps data rate (ADM3065E/ADM3066E/ADM3067E/ADM3068E)
- Low speed 500 kbps data rate for long cables (ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3063E/ADM3064E)
- Full receiver short-circuit, open circuit, and bus idle fail-safe
- Extended temperature range up to 125°C
- PROFIBUS compliant at VCC ≥ 4.5 V
- Half duplex and full duplex models available
- Allows connection of up to 128 transceivers onto the bus
- Space-saving package options
- 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP
- 8-lead and 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm MSOP
- 8-lead and 14-lead, narrow body SOIC
The ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3063E/ADM3064E/ ADM3065E/ADM3066E/ADM3067E/ADM3068E are 3.0 V to 5.5 V, IEC electrostatic discharge (ESD) protected RS-485 transceivers, allowing the devices to withstand ±12 kV contact discharges on the transceiver bus pins without latch-up or damage. The ADM3062E/ADM3064E/ADM3066E/ADM3068E feature a VIO logic supply pin that allows a flexible digital interface capable of operating as low as 1.62 V.
The ADM3065E/ADM3066E/ADM3067E/ADM3068E are suitable for high speed, 50 Mbps, bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus transmission lines. The ADM3061E/ ADM3062E/ADM3063E/ADM3064E/ADM3065E/ADM3066E/ ADM3067E/ADM3068E feature a 1/4 unit load input impedance that allows up to 128 transceivers on a bus. The ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3063E/ADM3064E models offer all of the same features as the ADM3065E/ADM3066E/ ADM3067E/ADM3068E models at a low 500 kbps data rate that is suitable for operation over long cable runs.
The ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3065E/ADM3066E are halfduplex RS-485 transceivers, fully compliant to the PROFIBUS® standard with increased 2.1 V bus differential voltage at VCC ≥ 4.5 V. The ADM3063E/ADM3064E/ADM3067E/ADM3068E are full duplex RS-485 transceiver options.
The RS-485 transceivers are available in a number of spacesaving packages, including the 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm lead frame chip-scale package (LFCSP), the 8-lead or 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm mini small outline package (MSOP), and the 8-lead or 14-lead, narrow body standard small outline packages (SOIC_N). Models with operating temperature ranges of −40°C to +125°C and −40°C to +85°C are available.
Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or by output shorting is prevented by a thermal shutdown circuit. If a significant temperature increase is detected in the internal driver circuitry during fault conditions, this feature forces the driver output into a high impedance state.
The ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3063E/ADM3064E/ADM3065E/ADM3066E/ADM3067E/ADM3068E guarantee a logic high receiver output when the receiver inputs are shorted, open, or connected to a terminated transmission line with all drivers disabled.
Table 2 presents an overview of the ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3063E/ADM3064E/ADM3065E/ADM3066E/ADM3067E/ADM3068E data rate capability across temperature, power supply, and package options. Refer to the Ordering Guide section for model numbering.
- Industrial fieldbuses
- Process control
- Building automation
- PROFIBUS networks
- Motor control servo drives and encoders
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADM3064EEBZ evaluation board allows quick and easy evaluation of the ADM3064E 500 kbps, RS-485 transceiver with a standard, 14-lead SOIC_N footprint. The EVALADM3064EEBZ allows the input and output functions of the ADM3064E to be exercised without external components. Screw terminal blocks provide convenient connections for power and ground signals, digital input and output signals, and RS-485 signals. The EVAL-ADM3064EEBZ is powered by a standard, configurable benchtop power supply in the 3.0 V to 5.5 V range. A flexible VIO logic supply allows communication with processors running on voltages as low as 1.62 V.
For full details on the ADM3064E, see the ADM3064E data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM3064EEBZ.
Features & Benefits
- Easy evaluation of the ADM3064E 500 kbps, RS-485 transceiver
- Board layout for full duplex, RS-485 footprint, 14-lead SOIC_N, ADM3064EBRZ transceiver
- Screw terminal blocks for logic input and output signals and RS-485 signals
- Power and ground connections through screw terminal blocks
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VCC power supply
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V VIO logic supply
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection on the A, B, Y, and Z bus pins
- ≥±12 kV contact discharge and ≥±12 kV air discharge
- Jumper-selectable enable and disable for RE and DE signals
- Test points for measuring all signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination and biasing networks
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.