Features and Benefits
- TIA/EIA RS-485 compliant over full supply range
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VCC
- 1.62 V to 5.5 V VIO logic supply
- ESD protection on the bus pins
- IEC 61000-4-2 ≥ ±12 kV contact discharge
- IEC 61000-4-2 ≥ ±12 kV air discharge
- HBM ≥ ±30 kV
- Full hot swap support (glitch free power-up/power-down)
- Low speed 500 kbps data rate for long cables (ADM3061E/ ADM3062E)
- Full receiver short-circuit, open circuit, and bus idle fail-safe
- Extended temperature range up to 125°C
- Profibus compliant at VCC ≥ 4.5 V
- Half duplex
- Allows connection of up to 128 nodes onto the bus
- Space-saving package options
- 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP
- 8-lead and 10-lead MSOP
- 8-lead, narrow body SOIC package
The ADM3065E is a 3.0 V to 5.5 V, IEC electrostatic discharge (ESD) protected RS-485 transceiver, allowing the device to withstand ±12 kV contact discharges on the transceiver bus pins without latch-up or damage. The ADM3066E/ADM3062E features a VIO logic supply pin allowing a flexible digital interface capable of operating as low as 1.62 V.
The ADM3065E/ADM3066E are suitable for high speed, 50 Mbps, bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus transmission lines. The ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3065E/ADM3066E feature a ¼ unit load input impedance, which allows up to 128 transceivers on a bus. The ADM3061E/ADM3062E models offer all of the same features as the ADM3065E/ADM3066E models, but at a low 500 kbps data rate suitable for operation over long cable runs.
The ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3065E/ADM3066E are half-duplex RS-485 transceivers, fully compliant to the Profibus® standard with increased 2.1 V bus differential voltage at VCC ≥ 4.5 V.
The RS-485 transceivers are available in a number of space-saving packages, such as a 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP, an 8-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm MSOP, a 10-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm MSOP, and an 8-lead, narrow body SOIC package. Models with operating temperature ranges of −40°C to +125°C and −40°C to +85°C are available.
Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or by output shorting is prevented by a thermal shutdown circuit. If, during fault conditions, a significant temperature increase is detected in the internal driver circuitry, this feature forces the driver output into a high impedance state.
The ADM3061E/ADM3062E/ADM3065E/ADM3066E guarantee a logic high receiver output when the receiver inputs are shorted, open, or connected to a terminated transmission line with all drivers disabled.
- Industrial fieldbuses
- Process control
- Building automation
- Profibus networks
- Motor control servo drives and encoders
Markets & Technology
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Security and Surveillance
- Aerospace and Defense
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Building Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADM3061EEBZ and EVAL-ADM3061EEB1Z allow quick and easy evaluation of the ADM3061E 50 Mbps RS-485 transceiver with standard SOIC and MSOP footprints, respectively. The evaluation boards allow the input and output functions to be exercised without external components. Screw terminal blocks provide convenient connections for power and ground, digital input and output, and RS-485 signals. The evaluation boards can be powered by a standard configurable bench power supply within a 3 V to 5 V range.
The EVAL-ADM3061EEBZ evaluation board has a footprint for the ADM3061EBRZ half-duplex RS-485 transceiver in an 8-lead SOIC package. The EVAL-ADM3061EEB1Z evaluation board has a footprint for a full duplex RS-485 transceiver in an 8-lead MSOP package.
Complete specifications for the ADM3061E device are provided in the ADM3061E data sheet and should be consulted in conjunction with user guide UG-1172 when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Easy evaluation of the ADM3061E 50 Mbps RS-485 transceiver
- Board layouts for standard half-duplex RS-485 footprints
- 8-lead, SOIC, ADM3061EBRZ (EVAL-ADM3061EEBZ)
- 8-lead, MSOP, ADM3061EBRMZ (EVAL-ADM3061EEB1Z)
- Power/ground connections through screw terminal block
- 3.0 V to 5.5 V operating voltage range on VCC
- IEC ESD protection on the RS-485 A bus pin and B bus pin
- ±12 kV contact discharge and ±12 kV air discharge
- Screw terminal blocks for logic input/output and RS-485 signals
- Jumper-selectable enable/disable for RE and DE
- Test points for measuring all signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination and biasing networks
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.