Features and Benefits
- SPI interface with error detection
- Includes CRC, invalid read/write address, and SCLK count error detection
- Supports burst mode and daisy-chain mode
- Industry standard SPI Mode 0 and SPI Mode 3 interface compatible
- Round robin mode allows switching times that are comparable with a parallel interface
- Four general-purpose digital outputs that can be used to control other devices
- <1 pC charge injection over full signal range
- 1 pF off capacitance
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Fully specified at ±15 V and +12 V
- 1.8 V logic compatibility with 2.7 V ≤ VL ≤ 3.3 V
- 24-lead LFCSP package
The ADGS1208/ADGS1209 are analog multiplexers comprising eight single channels and four differential channels, respectively. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) controls the switches. The SPI interface has robust error detection features, such as cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and SCLK count error detection.
It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGS1208/ADGS1209 devices together. Daisy-chain mode enables the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines. The ADGS1208/ADGS1209 can also operate in burst mode to decrease the time between SPI commands.
iCMOS® construction ensures ultralow power dissipation, making the devices ideally suited for portable and batterypowered instruments.
Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked.
The ultralow on capacitance (CON) and exceptionally low charge injection (QINJ) of these multiplexers make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch and fast settling are required.
- SPI interface removes the need for parallel conversion, logic traces and reduces GPIO channel count.
- Daisy-chain mode removes additional logic traces when multiple devices are used.
- CRC error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and SCLK count error detection ensures a robust digital interface.
- CRC and Error detection capabilities allows for the use of the ADGS1208/ADGS1209 in safety critical systems.
- Audio and video routing
- Automatic test equipment
- Data-acquisition systems
- Battery-powered systems
- Sample-and-hold systems
- Communication systems
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADGS1208SDZ/EVAL-ADGS1209SDZ are the evaluation boards for the ADGS1208/ADGS1209. The ADGS1208/ADGS1209 are low on capacitance (CON), low charge injection (QINJ), 8:1/dual 4:1 multiplexers controlled by a serial peripheral interface (SPI). The SPI has robust error detection features, including cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and serial clock (SCLK) count error detection. It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGS1208/ADGS1209 devices together to enable the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines. The ADGS1208/ADGS1209 also support burst mode, which decreases the time between SPI commands.
The EVAL-ADGS1208SDZ/ EVAL-ADGS1209SDZ are controlled by the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system demonstration platform (SDP), which connects to a PC via a USB port. The ADGS1208 or ADGS1209 is on the center of the evaluation board, and wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each source and drain pin. Three screw terminals power the device and, if required, a fourth terminal provides users with a defined digital logic supply voltage. Alternatively, the digital logic supply voltage can be supplied from the SDP.
Consult the ADGS1208/ADGS1209 data sheet (available from Analog Devices, Inc.) in conjunction with User Guide UG-1271. The evaluation board interfaces to the USB port of a PC via the SDP board. The EVAL-SDP-CB1Z board (SDP-B controller board) is available for order at www.analog.com/SDP-B.
Features & Benefits
- SPI interface with error detection
Includes CRC error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and SCLK count error detection
- Analog supply voltages
- Dual supply: ±15 V
- Single supply: 12 V
- PC control in conjunction with evaluation software
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.