Features and Benefits
- mSure autocalibration
- Automatic calibration based on a direct measurement of the full signal path
- Calibration procedure not requiring a reference meter
- mSure autocalibration Class 1 meter guaranteed
- 3 high performance ADCs
- 88 dB SNR
- High gain current channel: ±26.04 mV peak, 18.4 mV rms input at highest gain setting
- Advanced metrology feature set
- WATT, VAR, VA, Wh, VARh, and VAh
- Supports active energy standards: IEC 62053-21; IEC 62053-22; EN50470-3; OIML R46; and ANSI C12.20
- Supports reactive energy standards: IEC 62053-23 and IEC 62053-24
- Current and voltage rms measurement
- Power quality measurements
- Operating temperature, industrial range: −40°C to +85°C
The ADE9153A is a highly accurate, single-phase, energy metering IC with autocalibration. The mSure® autocalibration feature allows a meter to automatically calibrate the current and voltage channels without using an accurate source or an accurate reference meter when a shunt resistor is used as a current sensor. Class 1 and Class 2 meters are supported by mSure autocalibration.
The ADE9153A incorporates three high performance analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), providing an 88 dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). The ADE9153A offers an advanced metrology feature set of measurements like line voltage and current, active energy, fundamental reactive energy, and apparent energy calculations, and current and voltage rms calculations. ADE9153A includes power quality measurements such as zero crossing detection, line period calculation, angle measurement, dip and swell, peak and overcurrent detection, and power factor measurements. Each input channel supports independent and flexible gain stages. Current Channel A is ideal for shunts, having a flexible gain stage and providing full-scale input ranges from 62.5 mV peak down to 26.04 mV peak. Current Channel B has gain stages of 1×, 2×, and 4× for use with current transformers (CTs). A high speed, 10 MHz, serial peripheral interface (SPI) port allows access to the ADE9153A registers.
The ADE9153A operates from a 3.3 V supply and is available in a 32-lead LFCSP package.
- Single-phase energy meters
- Energy and power measurement
- Street lighting
- Smart power distribution system
- Machine health
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EV-ADE9153ASHIELDZ is an Arduino shield compatible with Arduino Uno, Arduino Zero, or ESP8266. The shield has an on-board shunt resistor for line current measurement and enables quick evaluation and prototyping of energy measurement systems that use the ADE9153A. Arduino library and application examples are provided on the ADE9153A product page to simplify implementation of larger systems. Using mSure® autocalibration, the shield can be calibrated to measure energy with 1% accuracy over the dynamic range without the need for expensive calibration equipment.
Features & Benefits
- Arduino-compatible, single-phase energy measurement shield with the ADE9153A
- Onboard shunt for line current measurement
- Nominal current: 5 A
- Maximum current: 10 A
- Up to 240 V rms nominal line neutral voltage measurement
- Arduino software library
- mSure autocalibration and example application sketches
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.