Features and Benefits
- Programmable audio processing engine
- Fast (up to 768 kHz) and slow processing paths
- Biquad filters, limiters, volume controls, and mixing
- Low latency, 24-bit ADCs and DACs
- 102 dB SNR (through PGA and ADC with A weighted filter)
- 108 dB combined SNR (through DAC and headphone with A weighted filter)
- Serial port sampling rate from 8 kHz to 192 kHz
- 5 μs analog-to-analog latency
- 4 single-ended analog inputs, configurable as microphone or line inputs
- Dual stereo digital microphone inputs
- Stereo analog audio output, single-ended or differential,
- configurable as either line output or headphone driver
- PLL supporting any input clock rate from 8 MHz to 27 MHz
- Full duplex, asynchronous sample rate converters (ASRCs)
- Power supplies
- Analog and digital input/output of 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- Digital signal processing (DSP) core of 1.1 V to 1.8 V
- Low power
- I2C and SPI control interfaces, self boot from I2C EEPROM
- 7 multipurpose (MPx) pins for digital controls and outputs
The ADAU1777 is a codec with four inputs and two outputs that incorporates a digital processing engine to perform filtering, level control, signal level monitoring, and mixing. The path from the analog input to the DSP core to the analog output is optimized for low latency and is ideal for noise canceling headsets. With the addition of just a few passive components, a crystal, and an EEPROM for booting, the ADAU1777 provides a complete headset solution.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as SCL/SCLK, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, SCLK, when only that function is relevant.
- Noise canceling handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Bluetooth® active noise cancelling (ANC) handsets, headsets, and headphones
- Personal navigation devices
- Digital still and video cameras
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
This evaluation board provides full access to all analog and digital inputs/outputs on the ADAU1777. The ADAU1777 core is controlled by Analog Devices, Inc., SigmaStudio™ software, which interfaces to the board via a USB connection. The This evaluation board provides full access to all analog and
digital inputs/outputs on the ADAU1777. The ADAU1777 core
is controlled by Analog Devices, Inc., SigmaStudio™ software,
which interfaces to the board via a USB connection. The EVALADAU1777Z
can be powered by a single AAA battery, by the
USB bus, or by a single 3.8 V to 5.5 V supply; any of these
supplies are regulated to the voltages required on the board. The
printed circuit board (PCB) is a 4-layer design, with a single
ground plane and a single power plane on the inner layers. The
board contains connectors for external microphones and
speakers. The master clock can be provided externally or by the
on-board 12.288 MHz passive crystal.
Software & Systems Requirements
Software Development Tools
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.