Part Numbers with "Z" indicate RoHS Compliance. Boards checked are needed to evaluate this circuit.
- MAXREFDES105# EV Kit
DescriptionThe MAXREFDES105# is a wrist-worn wearable form factor that demonstrates the high sensitivity and algorithm processing functions for health-sensing applications. This health sensor band platform includes an enclosure and a biometric sensor hub with an embedded algorithm for heart rate and SpO2 (MAX32664C) which processes photoplethysmography (PPG) signals from the analog-front-end (AFE) sensor (MAX86174A). Algorithm output and raw data can be streamed through Bluetooth® to an Android® app or PC graphical user interface (GUI) for demonstration, evaluation, and customized development.
Features & Benefits
- Wrist-based embedded heart rate, blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) algorithm
- HRV, respiration rate, sleep quality library algorithm
- Wearable health band form factor
- MAX32664 sensor hub
- MAX86174A PPG analog front-end
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Windows® and Android GUIs
- Remote Patient Monitoring/Vital Sign Patch
Markets and Technologies
The MAXREFDES105# enables quick evaluation of hardware and embedded firmware for heart rate and SpO2 monitoring on a wrist-based platform which significantly shortens development time for custom fitness, health, and clinical applications. Figure 3 shows the system diagram of MAXREFDES105#.
The MAXREFDES105# platform includes the following key components:
- Micro board, which includes the MAX32630 microcontroller, MAX20303 power-management integrated circuit (PMIC), dual-mode Bluetooth, and 6-axis accelerometer and gyroscope.
- Sensor board, which includes the MAX86174A AFE, optical heart-rate sensor with one green light-emitting diode (LED), one red LED, one infrared (IR) LED, two photodiodes, and MAX32664C biometric sensor hub with an embedded algorithm for heart rate and SpO2 monitoring.
- MAXDAP-TYPE-C board for use during a firmware upgrade for the micro board.
- Health sensor band enclosure and straps.
- Hardware design files, firmware, and software.
- To apply for the NDA, fill out the request form and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Applying for an NDA does not necessarily guarantee approval or shipment of any device or software.
- NDA is subject to approval by the Customer Service Team and will notify applicants accordingly.
- If the NDA is approved, customers will need to register for a MyAnalog account (for existing account holders, please log in with your details) in order to access the zip file under the Software Development section (note that this will appear only for approved MyAnalog accounts).
- This zip file contains the Windows software GUI, Firmware updates, collateral such as API documents, host source code, and other resources as they become available.
Support & Training
Search our knowledge base for answers to your technical questions. Our dedicated team of Applications Engineers are also available to answer your technical questions.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.