Features and Benefits
- Conformant to GIF87a, GIF89a
- Cache: Both Instruction and Data Cache enabled
- MDMA: One channel Memory DMA is used
- Code compatible across the Blackfin Processor Family ADSP-BF5xx
- MISRA-C compliant
- Target Processor s: ADSP-BF561, ADSP-BF533, ADSP-BF527, ADSP-BF548
- Release format : Object Code with source code wrapper
- Input format: GIF
- Output format : RGBA
- Image size: User configurable
- Multi instancing : Fully re-entrant and multi-instance capable
GIF is a common file format used in Windows for handling graphics files. It uses LZW compression format. The data movement for the module can be configured for either cache mode or through MDMA. It is a self-contained software component that has been rigorously tested. It contains an intuitive C-callable API that is interruptible, maintains flexibility and provides seamless system integration.
| Memory (Bytes)
|Module||Image Width||Image Height|| Code
||Data RAM||Data ROM|| Average Cycles / pel
| Decode GIF
- Performance (average cycles per pel) measured on ADSP-BF533.
- MIPS is measured as ((cycles/pel) * (image width) * (image height) * (frames/second) / 10^6). (It is assumed that frames/second = 15 for calculation)
- Code compatible across all ADSP-BF5xx processors, with silicon anomaly workarounds implemented for ADSP-BF527(0.2), ADSP-BF533(0.5), ADSP-BF548(0.2) and ADSP-BF561(0.5)
- "Data RAM" for one instance, includes Scratch and Instance/State
- Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit only).
- Windows Vista Business/Enterprise/Ultimate SP2 (32-bit only). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate (32 and 64-bit). It is recommended to install the software in a non-UAC-protected location.
- Minimum of 2 GHz single core processor, 3.3 GHz dual core is recommended.
- Minimum of 1 GB memory (RAM), 4 GB is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB hard disk (HDD) space is required.