Features and Benefits
- A Secure, Contactless RFID Reader (MAX66301)
- UART and SPI Interface Ports
- Power-Down Mode by an Input Pin (Low, Standby Power)
- Antenna Short-Circuit Protection
- Compatible with 3.3V or 5V Supply Voltages
- Pushbuttons for Board Reset and MAX66301 Reset
- Port Select Switch Control
- Jumpers for SPI, UART, and Control Signals
- ISO/IEC 15693 and 14443 Type A Standard Compliant
- SHA-3 Engine to Run a Symmetric Key-Based Bidirectional Secure Authentication
- Four 32-Byte Pages of User Memory
- Four Master Secrets with Multiple Programmable Protection Options
- 76-Byte Scratchpad in SRAM
- True Hardware Random-Number Generator
- Unique 64-Bit Serial Number
- Protected Tag Solution (MAX66250)
- HF Interface at 13.56MHz
- User EEPROM Authenticated Memory Page Read/ Write Transactions
- User EEPROM Page Read/Write Transactions
- All Stored Data Cryptographically Protected from Discovery
- FIPS 202-Compliant SHA-3 Algorithm for Challenge/Response Authentication
- FIPS 198-Compliant Keyed-Hash Message Authentication Code (HMAC)
- 17-Bit One-Time Settable, Nonvolatile Decrement-Only Counter with Authenticated Read
- Secure Storage for Secrets
- 256 Bits of Secure EEPROM for User Data
- ISO/IEC18000-3 Mode1: up to 52.97 kbps
- MAX66301-25x EV System Software Available
The MAX66301-25x evaluation system (EV system) comprises a MAX66301 evaluation kit (EV kit) and a MAX66250 tag. The MAX66301 EV kit combines an RFID reader for contactless communication at 13.56MHz and a SHA-3 secure authenticator coprocessor. The RFID reader covers the ISO 15693 standard and the authenticator coprocessor is based on the FIPS202-compliant standard. The MAX66250 tag operates as a solution covering the ISO 15693 standard and combines FIPS202- compliant Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-3) challenge and response authentication with secured EEPROM. By pairing the MAX66301 with the MAX66250 into an EV system, the EV kit software can operate to show a secure challenge and response authentication and other part specific functionality.
The MAX66301NFC# is an enclosed version of the MAX66301 EV kit that is suitable for use in a manufacturing environment. The included antenna can be connected by the 50Ω coaxial cable provided with the MAX66301NFC# kit, or a custom antenna and cable may be connected for optimal performance in the targeted environment.
Analog Devices provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) to invoke commands and create scripts that generate combinations of these commands for reading and writing the memory of the MAX66250 and setting memory protections. The operator selects input data and operations to perform, and the software handles the details.
- Secure Access Control
- Asset-Tracking Readers
- Authentication of Consumables
- Readers in Printers (Ink Cartridge)
- Blood Glucose Meters/Monitors
- Handheld Reader Modules
Documentation & Resources
MAX66301-25XEVKIT Gerber Files8/15/2022
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.