Features and Benefits
- 3.0V to 4.0V Operating Supply Voltage
- 3.8V to 5.25V Fixed Output
- 500mA Output Version Populated; Compatible with 1A and 2A Output Versions
- 2.2MHz Operation
- Feedback Injection Point to Test Stability
- Robust for the Automotive Environment
- Current Mode, Forced-PWM and Skip Operation
- Overtemperature and Short-Circuit Protection
- -40°C to +125°C Operating Range
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20471 evaluation kit demonstrates the performance of the MAX20471, which is part of the MAX20471–MAX20473 series of high-efficiency, low-voltage DC-DC converters. The converter ICs boost a 3.0V to 4.0V input supply to between 3.8V and 5.25V at up to 500mA. The boost converters achieve ±1.5% output error over load, line, and temperature range.
The IC features a 2.2MHz fixed-frequency forced-PWM (FPWM) mode for better noise immunity and load-transient response, and a pulse-frequency modulation mode (skip) for increased efficiency during light-load operation. The 2.2MHz frequency operation enables the use of all-ceramic capacitors and minimizes external components. The programmable spread-spectrum-frequency modulation minimizes radiated electromagnetic emissions. Integrated low RDS(ON) switches improve efficiency at heavy loads and make the layout a much simpler task with respect to discrete solutions.
The regulator includes True Shutdown™, soft-start, overcurrent, and overtemperature protections.
- Automotive CAN Transceivers
- Automotive Point of Load
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.