Features and Benefits
- 4.5V to 65V Input Voltage
- Drives 1 to 16 LEDs
- 0A to 2A LED Current
- Demonstrates Undervoltage-Lockout and Output- Short Protection
- Demonstrates Current-Limit and Thermal-Shutdown Feature
- Demonstrates 5V, 10mA LDO Output Capability
- Proven PCB Layout and Thermal Design
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX20051 evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates the MAX20051 and MAX20053, 2A synchronous buck LED drivers with integrated MOSFETs.
The EV kit operates from a DC supply voltage from 4.5V to 65V and the switching frequency is fixed at 400kHz. Spread-spectrum mode (SSM) is enabled for EMI improvement. The EV kit demonstrates both analog and pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming. The EV kit also demonstrates short LED, open LED, and overtemperature- fault protection.
The EV kit also comes with a MAX20053 IC, which can be installed to evaluate the 2.1MHz switching frequency device. Refer to the Evaluating the MAX20053 section for more information.
- Clearance Lamps (CLLs)
- Commercial, Industrial, and Architectural Lighting
- Corner Lamps (CLs)
- Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
- Fog Lamps
- Head Lamps
- Rear Lamps
Documentation & Resources
MAX20051EVKIT ODB Files - Design Files10/10/2022ZIP5M