Features and Benefits
- +5V to +24V Input Voltage Range
- Preset 2.5V Output Voltage
- 1.0V to 5.5V Adjustable Output
- 4A Output Current
- 94% Efficient (VOUT = 2.5V, VBATT = 7V, ILOAD = 2A)
- 300kHz Switching Frequency
- No Current-Sense Resistor
- Power-Good Output
- Low-Profile Components
- Fully Assembled and Tested
The MAX1714A evaluation kit (EV kit) demonstrates a standard 4A application circuit. This DC-DC converter steps down high-voltage batteries and/or AC adapters, generating a precision, low-voltage rail for use as chipset, DRAM, and other low-voltage supplies. For higher current applications up to 12A, refer to the MAX1714A data sheet.
The MAX1714A EV kit provides a 2.5V output voltage from a +5V to +24V battery input range. It delivers up to 4A output current with greater than 90% efficiency while operating at a 300kHz switching frequency, and has superior line- and load-transient response.
This EV kit is a fully assembled and tested circuit board. It also allows evaluation of other output voltages in the 1.0V to 5.5V range by changing feedback resistors R1 and R2.
- 1.8V and 2.5V I/O Supplies
- Chipset/RAM Supplies as Low as 1V
- CPU Core Supplies
- Notebook Computers