Features and Benefits
- Easy Evaluation of the MAX14906 with Per-Channel Configuration
- SafeDemag™ for Safe Turn-Off of Unlimited Inductance in Digital Output Modes
- Configurable for IEC 61131-2 Type 1 and 3, or Type 2 Digital Input
- Support up to 3.75kVRMS Galvanic Isolation with MAX14483 and MAX14937
- Support Communicating with External Microcontroller or FPGA
- Allow Output Switching with High-Speed Parallel Interface or SPI Serial Interface
- Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7 Compatible GUI Software
- Proven PCB Layout
- Fully Assembled and Tested
- RoHS Compliant
The MAX14906 evaluation kit (EV kit) provides a proven design to evaluate the MAX14906, a four-channel industrial digital-output, digital-input device. The EV kit allows the MAX14906 to be configured on a per-channel basis as either a digital output (in High-Side switch or Push-Pull driver configuration) or a Type 1 and 3, or Type 2 digital input. The EV kit monitors the MAX14906 diagnostic information, including open-wire condition, state of the output channels, multiple undervoltage alarms, global and per-channel overtemperature alarms, and multiple fault alarms.
The EV kit must be powered from an external 24V DC power supply that can provide up to 6.4A (max), when all DOI_ output channels are fully loaded with the option of 2x load inrush current.
The MAX14906 EV kit communicates with a graphical user interface (GUI) on a PC through a USB port. The EV kit features an on-board FT2232 controller interfacing to the MAX14906 control signals. Alternatively, an external SPI interface from a microcontroller or FPGA can be used through the 20-pin header (J13).
The MAX14906 EV kit comes with the MAX14906ATM+ installed in a 48-pin, 7mm x 7mm QFN package.
- Configurable Digital Input/Output
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Industrial Digital Output and Input Module
- Motor Control
- PLC Systems
Documentation & Resources
Tools & Simulations
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.