Features and Benefits
- Optimized for use with Wolfspeed SiC MOSFETs and power modules
- Compatible with Wolfspeed CIL test boards and half bridge evaluation boards
- High frequency, ultrafast switching operation
- Input and output side UVLO
- Short-circuit protection
- Shoot-through protection interlock
- Internal Miller clamp
- Differential inputs for increased noise immunity
- Fault and ready indicators
- Isolated NTC thermistor measurement
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z is a half bridge gate drive board that allows simple evaluation of the performance of the ADuM4146 when driving advanced Wolfspeed third generation C3M™ silicon carbide (SiC) metal-oxide semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) and power modules. The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z is intended to be used in conjunction with Wolfspeed clamped inductive load (CIL) test boards or half bridge evaluation boards and differential transceiver boards.
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z has an isolated return channel that is configured to read a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) thermistor and provide a variable frequency output corresponding to the resistance and temperature of the NTC.
The control and input interface for the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z uses RS-422 signaling for improved noise and disturbance immunity and includes a 12 V power input for the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z.
For full details on the ADuM4146, see the ADuM4146 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z.
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z contains a pre-released version of the ADuM4146. The short-circuit protection (SCP) feature must not be used for bus voltages over 600 V. The released version of the ADuM4146 will not have this restriction on SCP.
- Wolfspeed differential transceiver board (CGD12HB00D)
- For evaluating Wolfspeed half bridge modules
- CAB011M12FM3 or CAB016M12FM3
- Wolfspeed CIL board (KIT-CRD-CIL12N-FMA)
- For evaluating Wolfspeed six-pack modules
- CCB021M12FM3 or CCB032M12FM3
- Wolfspeed CIL board (KIT-CRD-CIL12N-FMC)