Features and Benefits
- Simplified evaluation of the 25 Mbps ADM2867E RS-485 transceiver
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead SOIC_W_FP package with >8.0 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulator with jumper options for simplified evaluation in 5 V or 3.3 V configuration
- Flexible, low voltage VIO supply rail to interface with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- Selectable 3.3 V or 5 V isolated supply voltage options available
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection on the A, B, Y, and Z pins
- ±12 kV contact discharge and ±15 kV air discharge
- SMA connector for high speed 25 Mbps TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC6900 oscillator to provide TxD input signal
- Screw terminal blocks for power connections, digital signals, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper-selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination and loopback test
- Test points to measure all signals
The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ allows the simplified, efficient evaluation of the 5.7 kV rms ADM2867E signal and power isolated RS-485 transceiver.
The ADM2867E features an integrated, isolated, dc-to-dc converter that provides power to the isolated side of the device with no additional ICs required.
An on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulator accepts an input voltage of 3.3 V to 20 V and regulates the voltage to a selectable 3.3 V or 5 V supply for the VCC pin of the ADM2867E. The LDO regulator can be bypassed to power the VCC pin of the ADM2867E directly.
A flexible logic VIO supply allows the device to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with modern nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VIO pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ comes with options to evaluate the ADM2867E in an individual system. Digital and RS-485 bus signals are accessible via the screw terminal blocks on the EVALADM2867EEBZ. Each digital input can be configured via the on-board jumper options.
Alternative methods can provide the transmit data input (TxD) signal to the device. An optional LTC6900 oscillator is included on the EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ and can be configured to provide a clock signal as the TxD digital input within a 1 kHz to 20 MHz range. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external TxD signal at high data rates up to 25 Mbps.
The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ has a footprint for the full duplex, isolated, RS-485 transceiver in a 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead, small outline, wide body with fine pitch (SOIC_W_FP) package. The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ is populated with the ADM2867E 5.7 kV rms, isolated RS-485 transceiver.
For full details on the ADM2867E, see the ADM2867E data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ.
Markets and Technologies
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.