Features and Benefits
- Fully featured evaluation board for the multichannel, simultaneous sampling AD7383
- On-board reference, reference buffer, and ADC driver
- On-board power supplies
- SDP-H1 controller board compatible
- PC software for control and data analysis
The EVAL-AD7383FMCZ is a fully featured evaluation board that evaluates all features of the AD7383 analog-to-digital converter (ADC). The EVAL-AD7383FMCZ is controlled by the EVAL-SDP-CH1Z (SDP-H1) system demonstration platform (SDP) via the 160-way SDP connector, J4. The SDP-H1 controls the EVAL-AD7383FMCZ through the USB port of a PC using the Analysis | Control | Evaluation (ACE) software, which is available to download from the ACE software page or the AD7383 product page.
The EVAL-AD7383FMCZ can be used to evaluate the AD7384 (14-bit, 4 MSPS), the AD4682 (16-bit, 1 MSPS), and the AD4683 (16-bit, 500 kSPS) pseudo differential, successive approximation register (SAR) ADCs. The AD7383 and the AD7384 only differ in the number of clock cycles when clocking out the conversion results, which are related to the resolution of the device. The AD4682 and AD4683 have a slower throughput rate than the AD7383.
For full details on the AD7383, see the AD7383 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-AD7383FMCZ. In addition, full details on the SDP-H1 are available on the SDP-H1 evaluation board page, and the comprehensive ACE user guide is available on the ACE software page.
- EVAL-SDP-CH1Z (SDP-H1) controller board
- USB cable (provided in the SDP-H1 kit)
- 12 V wall wart signal source (provided in the SDP-H1 kit)
- PC running Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit), or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) with a USB 2.0 port
- AD7383 data sheet
- ACE software
- AD738x ACE plugin (provided in the ACE software)