Features and Benefits
- ADuM5020 with isoPower integrated isolated dc-to-dc converter
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions; passes CISPR22/EN55022 Class B
- On-board LDO for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADuM5020 VDDP pin
- 5 V input and 5 V or 3.3 V output operation
- Screw terminal connectors for the following:
- 6 V to 9 V LDO power supply
- 5 V direct power supply
- Off board PDIS control
- Isolated output supply
The EVAL-ADUM5020EBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADuM5020 isolated power solution. The ADuM5020 eliminates the need to design and build an isolated dc-to-dc converter in 500 mW applications. The iCoupler® chip scale transformer technology is used for the inductive component of the dc-to-dc converter. The result is a small form factor, isolated solution.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler technology, the ADuM5020 dc-to-dc converter provides regulated, isolated power that is well below CISPR22/EN55022 Class B limits when at full load on a 2-layer printed circuit board (PCB) with ferrites. Available supply voltages and the associated output current levels are shown in Table 1.
Full specifications of the ADuM5020 or ADuM6020 can be found in the ADuM5020 or ADuM6020 data sheet, available from Analog Devices, Inc., and must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Markets & Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
- Building Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement