Features and Benefits
- Optimized for use with Wolfspeed SiC MOSFETs and power modules
- Compatible with Wolfspeed CIL test boards and half bridge evaluation boards
- High frequency, ultrafast switching operation
- Input and output side UVLO
- Short-circuit protection
- Shoot-through protection interlock
- Internal Miller clamp
- Differential inputs for increased noise immunity
- Fault and ready indicators
- Isolated NTC thermistor measurement
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z is a half bridge gate drive board that allows simple evaluation of the performance of the ADuM4146 when driving advanced Wolfspeed third generation C3M™ silicon carbide (SiC) metal-oxide semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) and power modules. The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z is intended to be used in conjunction with Wolfspeed clamped inductive load (CIL) test boards or half bridge evaluation boards and differential transceiver boards.
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z has an isolated return channel that is configured to read a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) thermistor and provide a variable frequency output corresponding to the resistance and temperature of the NTC.
The control and input interface for the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z uses RS-422 signaling for improved noise and disturbance immunity and includes a 12 V power input for the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z.
For full details on the ADuM4146, see the ADuM4146 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z.
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z contains a pre-released version of the ADuM4146. The short-circuit protection (SCP) feature must not be used for bus voltages over 600 V. The released version of the ADuM4146 will not have this restriction on SCP.
- Wolfspeed differential transceiver board (CGD12HB00D)
- For evaluating Wolfspeed half bridge modules
- CAB011M12FM3 or CAB016M12FM3
- Wolfspeed CIL board (KIT-CRD-CIL12N-FMA)
- For evaluating Wolfspeed six-pack modules
- CCB021M12FM3 or CCB032M12FM3
- Wolfspeed CIL board (KIT-CRD-CIL12N-FMC)
Documentation & Resources
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.