Features and Benefits
- ADM3050E 12 Mbps isolated CAN FD transceiver
- 2-layer PCB with low radiated emissions, passes EN55022 Class B
- On-board LDOs for 6 V to 9 V supply, providing 5 V to the ADM3050E VDD1 pin and VDD2 pin
- Screw terminal connectors for the following:
- 6 V to 9 V LDO, 5 V power supply to the VDD1 pin
- 1.8 V to 5.0 V direct power supply to the VDD1 pin
- 6 V to 9 V LDO, 5 V power supply to the VDD2 pin
- 5 V direct power supply to VDD2 pin
- TXD pin, RXD pin, CANH pin, CANL pin signals
- Divided PCB return planes for GND1 and GND2
- SMA connectors for TXD pin and RXD pin signals
The EVAL-ADM3050EEBZ allows the user to evaluate the ADM3050E isolated signal and power transceiver for controller area network (CAN) or CAN with flexible data rate (CAN FD) networks. The EVAL-ADM3050EEBZ allows all of the input and output functions to work without the need for external components.
Based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, the ADM3050E integrates logic side on-off keying (OOK) signal isolation channels and a low loop delay, high data rate CAN FD transceiver.
The EVAL-ADM3050EEBZ comes populated with the 16-lead standard small outline package (SOIC) ADM3050E. For applications requiring >8 mm creepage or a smaller PCB footprint, the ADM3050E is also available in the 8-lead SOIC package with increased creepage (SOIC IC).
Full specifications of the ADM3050E can be found in the ADM3050E data sheet, available from Analog Devices and must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADM3050EEBZ.