Features and Benefits
- Simplified evaluation of the 25 Mbps ADM2867E RS-485 transceiver
- 2-layer PCB compliant to EN 55032 Class B radiated emissions
- Footprint for 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead SOIC_W_FP package with >8.0 mm creepage and clearance
- On-board ADP7104 LDO regulator with jumper options for simplified evaluation in 5 V or 3.3 V configuration
- Flexible, low voltage VIO supply rail to interface with I/O nodes as low as 1.7 V
- Selectable 3.3 V or 5 V isolated supply voltage options available
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection on the A, B, Y, and Z pins
- ±12 kV contact discharge and ±15 kV air discharge
- SMA connector for high speed 25 Mbps TxD input signal
- Optional on-board LTC6900 oscillator to provide TxD input signal
- Screw terminal blocks for power connections, digital signals, and RS-485 signals
- Jumper-selectable enable and disable for digital input signals
- Resistors and footprints for termination and loopback test
- Test points to measure all signals
The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ allows the simplified, efficient evaluation of the 5.7 kV rms ADM2867E signal and power isolated RS-485 transceiver.
The ADM2867E features an integrated, isolated, dc-to-dc converter that provides power to the isolated side of the device with no additional ICs required.
An on-board ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) regulator accepts an input voltage of 3.3 V to 20 V and regulates the voltage to a selectable 3.3 V or 5 V supply for the VCC pin of the ADM2867E. The LDO regulator can be bypassed to power the VCC pin of the ADM2867E directly.
A flexible logic VIO supply allows the device to operate with a digital input/output (I/O) voltage from 1.7 V to 5.5 V, which enables communication with modern nodes using either a 1.8 V or 2.5 V power supply. The VIO pin can also be supplied from the ADP7104 regulated supply.
The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ comes with options to evaluate the ADM2867E in an individual system. Digital and RS-485 bus signals are accessible via the screw terminal blocks on the EVALADM2867EEBZ. Each digital input can be configured via the on-board jumper options.
Alternative methods can provide the transmit data input (TxD) signal to the device. An optional LTC6900 oscillator is included on the EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ and can be configured to provide a clock signal as the TxD digital input within a 1 kHz to 20 MHz range. For optimal signal integrity, use the on-board Subminiature Version A (SMA) connector to connect an external TxD signal at high data rates up to 25 Mbps.
The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ has a footprint for the full duplex, isolated, RS-485 transceiver in a 10.15 mm × 10.05 mm, 28-lead, small outline, wide body with fine pitch (SOIC_W_FP) package. The EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ is populated with the ADM2867E 5.7 kV rms, isolated RS-485 transceiver.
For full details on the ADM2867E, see the ADM2867E data sheet, which must be used in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADM2867EEBZ.