Features and Benefits
- Fully featured Pmod evaluation board with a Pmod to FMC interposer board
- Versatile analog signal conditioning circuitry
- On-board reference and ADC drivers
- PC software for control and data analysis of time and frequency domain
- System demonstration platform compatible (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z)
The ADAQ4001 and ADAQ4003 µModule® data acquisition system evaluation kit (EVAL-ADAQ4001FMCZ or EVAL-ADAQ4003FMCZ) contains the EVAL-ADAQ4001PMDZ or EVAL-ADAQ4003PMDZ peripheral module (Pmod) board and the EVAL-PMD-IB1Z Pmod to field programmable grid array (FPGA) mezzanine card (FMC) interposer board that interfaces with the system demonstration controller board (EVAL-SDP-CH1Z) via a 160-pin FMC connector, as shown in Figure 1. in the user guide.
The ADAQ4001 µModule and ADAQ4003 µModule combine multi-ple common signal processing and conditioning blocks into a single device that includes a low noise, fully differential analog-to-digital converter (ADC) driver, a stable reference buffer, a high resolution, 16-bit or 18-bit, 2 MSPS successive approximation register (SAR) ADC, and the critical passive components necessary for optimum performance.
The EVAL-ADAQ4001PMDZ and EVAL-ADAQ4003PMDZ on-board components include the following:
- The ADR4550 high precision, buffered band gap, 5.0 V voltage reference (see Figure 25 in user guide)
- An optional ADA4898-1 high voltage, low noise, low distortion, unity-gain stable, high speed op amp (see Figure 26 in user guide)
- An optional AD8251 programmable gain in-amp (see Figure 26 in user guide)
- The LT5400-4 quad matched, low drift, resistor network.
Note that J1 and J2 on the EVAL-ADAQ4001PMDZ and EVAL-ADAQ4003PMDZ provide low noise analog signal sources.
For full details on the ADAQ4001 or ADAQ4003, see the ADAQ4001 or ADAQ4003 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with the user guide when using the EVAL-ADAQ4001FMCZ or EVAL-ADAQ4003FMCZ.
Markets and Technologies
- EVAL-ADAQ4001PMDZ or EVAL-ADAQ4003PMDZ Pmod evaluation board
- EVAL-PMD-IB1Z Pmod to FMC interposer board
- PC running Windows® 10 or higher
- EVAL-SDP-CH1Z (SDP-H1) controller board
- Precision signal source
- Cable (SMB input to evaluation board)
- Standard USB A to Mini-B USB cable
- Band-pass filter suitable for 18-bit testing (value based on signal frequency)