Features and Benefits
- Evaluation board voltage range
- 3 LEDs: 8 V to 30 V
- 6 LEDs: 15 V to 30 V
- Evaluation board current sink range (four adjustable channels)
- 125 μA to 350 mA
- ADP8140 voltage range: 3.0 V to 30.0 V
- ADP8140 current sink range (four adjustable channels)
- 125 μA to 500 mA
- Analog and PWM dimming inputs and LED current outputs
- Feedback output control external power source for optimal efficiency and safety
The ADP8140CP-EVALZ demonstrates the functionality of the ADP8140 lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP) current sink light emitting diode (LED) driver.
The evaluation kit includes the ADP8140EB-EVALZ and the ADP8140 LED-EVALZ. The ADP8140EB-EVALZ has an ADP8140 with a P-channel metal-oxide semiconductor (PMOS) field effect transistor regulation stage to power the LEDs. The ADP8140 LED-EVALZ houses four strings of 6 LEDs per string.
Use the ADP8140CP-EVALZ to evaluate the ADP8140 device by driving LED strings with a maximum current of 350 mA per string.
Full specifications for the ADP8140 are available in the ADP8140 data sheet. Consult the data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when working with the ADP8140CP-EVALZ.